• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Good News

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Okay, most of you read my Relocation (Texas) post. Well, my ex messaged me just now to tell me that if I cancel his child support, he won't try to make me stay. I actually believe him, this isn't something he really cares and proves how much he doesn't care about his daughter. The only reason he would want us to stay is if he paid child support because he feels if he pays, he should see his child. What he doesn't know was I was going to cancel his child support anyway. I am just so relieved - I doubt he would have taken me to court anyway considering he's below poverty level and really couldn't care less. I wantd to do this anyway and this is also a way he will stop coming in and out of our daughter's life when he pleases.

waitinMd

I would watch out with that. Child support and custody/visitation are seperate. He can come back in 5 yrs and want visitation. In the meantime, you won't get support.

Make sure you don't need the money. The judge doesn't look at it like you are. They look at it as you are turning down support for your child.

My aunt turned down support, and 12 yrs later, Dad wanted my cousin. My aunt had to fly my cousin out to visit Dad. It was hard for her.

UpDate

Okay, well I just called the OAG to close his case and I am going to write them a letter stating why I want to close it and then it will be closed but only after he pays the fees that he still owes on the dna test. When we went to court over a year ago, they said he would have to pay $188 towards the dna test and it had to be paid by Jan 21, 06 or late fees would start concurring, lmao - wanna know how much he still owes on that $188 dna test? $156!!! So the case cannot close until that amount is paid... GrR!

waitinMd said:
I would watch out with that. Child support and custody/visitation are seperate. He can come back in 5 yrs and want visitation. In the meantime, you won't get support.

Make sure you don't need the money. The judge doesn't look at it like you are. They look at it as you are turning down support for your child.

My aunt turned down support, and 12 yrs later, Dad wanted my cousin. My aunt had to fly my cousin out to visit Dad. It was hard for her.
I understand that they are separate but his girlfriend has basically told him that in order for them to get married, he has to give up his daughter. He wanted to give her up anyway in the first place. Once we move and get enough money saved, we have both agreed to have his rights terminated. That was the agreement from the start then my husband will adopt her.

All we are missing is $32 a week, that is it. Somehow I think we will manage. That $32 is not worth the hell and heartbreak he would put my daughter through. If later in life, she wants to know who he is, meet him, and get to know him - that is her choice because he is infact her father.

waitinMd

That is true. If he terminates his parental rights then you don't have to worry so much, it will be her choice to see him. The anguish is not worth it.

I am considering terminating my parental rights. I have half right now, but I can't deal with my ex and all the lying.

Don't terminate your rights on the behalf of a bytch. You'd always wonder if she was okay and how she was doing. In the end, you will win. Your ex will just finally give up. Just hang in there. You love your little girl, I can tell - don't let this ruin it for you. Stand and be strong.

waitinMd

Md is for mothers. She admitted to being with the abusive bf, not getting the baby shots, lying about work, lying about where she lived, admitted to drugs, and her father grows weed.. and the judge gave the baby back.

It is so hard to give her back!

waitinMd

LoL, your thread is becoming mine, I don't want that!

I am happy for you. I hope I can be in your shoes some day!

Oh, don't worry about it. This was mostly just an informative post... your situation is alot more dire than mine. I have my child and now, it's time for you to go get yours!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
pesterfield3 said:
Thanx!!! I amaze so many people and now you? I feel so proud. *rolls her eyes*
I wouldn't be proud about it. It's not that kind of amazement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">