• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GPV in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you very much, Ohiogal. I have a couple of questions regarding Byer v. Byer, 2010-Ohio-3705. Specifically,

“(6) If the court has interviewed the child in chambers, pursuant to division
(C) of this section, regarding the wishes and concerns of the child as to parenting time
by the parent who is not the residential parent or companionship or visitation by the
grandparent, relative, or other person who requested companionship or visitation, as to Stark County, Case No. 2009-CA-00277 6
a specific parenting time or visitation schedule, or as to other parenting time or visitation
matters, the wishes and concerns of the child, as expressed to the court

I don't want to have to put my child through this, but would a judge entertain her wishes since she is 12? She is adamant about not wanting to see her grandmother. You know, I have told my mother time and time again that if she did want to see her, she needs to go through me and not once has she asked me and I've denied her (except in the past if maybe we had already had plans). One of the reasons this entire falling out happened is because her and her new husband would email my daughter behind my back and try to make plans. My daughter was 9 at this point. Her husband specifically, would email my daughter telling her how "sad Nana is that she hasn't seen you" and how Nana cries because it's been so long since she's come to visit and she needs to talk to Mommy and stepdaddy and see if she can come visit. I had a fit when I found this out, because my ex and I go out of our way to make sure she's not put in the middle of anything, I'll be damned if some strange guy my mom married is going to try to make my daughter feel guilty and put her in the middle. The guy is just a creeper. :rolleyes:

When I told her that her husband is no longer allowed to be around my daughter unsupervised is when she stopped requesting to see her.
IF she sued, you would want to get a GAL on board. A GAL would speak for your child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">