• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Jury Proceedings NY. White Collar Crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MagsBay

What is the name of your state? New York
legally sufficient grand jury
evidence.
if I am reading the rules correctly, every element of the charged crime must be satistied at the Grand Jury.

non violent minor white collar crime, offering a false instrument for filing. No other charges. No motive, no gain.

am I correct that intent must have been shown to the grand jury as intent is an element of the charge?
appreciate any help and advice here. Thank you.

Just Blue

evidence.
if I am reading the rules correctly, every element of the charged crime must be satistied at the Grand Jury.

non violent minor white collar crime, offering a false instrument for filing. No other charges. No motive, no gain.

am I correct that intent must have been shown to the grand jury as intent is an element of the charge?
Do you have an attorney?

quincy

evidence.

Is this a matter you are currently involved in, or are you just curious?

If intent is an element of the crime, intent must be shown.

MagsBay

Offering a false instrument for filing NY Penal Law 175.35 in the first degree is a class E felony, the lowest grade of felony in NY.
intent is a component of this charge. Indeed, it is the component as without intent, well, there is no true crime.
it is the Grand Jury presentation that I am interested in, legally sufficient evidence. Must intent be shown at the Grand Jury to enable a DA to seek indictment.
thank you both for your views and follow up questions.

MagsBay

Found the “smoking gun”. Which was false testimony before the Grand Jury.
thank you all for your replies and advice.

quincy

Found the “smoking gun”. Which was false testimony before the Grand Jury.
thank you all for your replies and advice.
I am happy you were able to find what you were looking for.

We all appreciate the thanks, MagsBay, so thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">