• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandmother of my son will not permit me to leave with him

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

New York. My husband and I separated after he assaulted me. He is in the military. Husbands parents came over from Ecuador when he was 4 and needed surgery. They never went back to Ecuador. As my mother-in-law had never met her grandchild, she sent me a ticket to NYC so she could see him for Christmas. She is a good, church going woman, and sympathized with the situation I was in. I now think I was wrong, as yesterday my baby turned over (he is just learning how) as I was reaching for a diaper and fell off a low daybed. Mother-in-law started screaming at me, and called the police. She said I had been angry at my baby and pushed him. The police came, and told her it was just an accident. They also pulled me aside and said I needed to get out of there. I agree, but worry as she won't let me take my baby with me anywhere. I got plane tickets to leave once, but she threw such a fit wanting me to stay for holidays. I caved. I am afraid to stay here, and plan to call police before I try to leave. This is insane, my mom told me there was an ulterior motive for sending me a one-way ticket to NYC but I didn't believe it. Now, I do. I wonder if my husband, whom I have a protective order on, has colluded with his family to get our son away from me. I am wondering if she is still considered an illegal alien? She does not speak a word of English (I am fluent in Spanish).She loves my son, but I am afraid she won't willingly let me leave with him and may try to prevent me from taking him. Can INS help me? I need to know who I should contact for help with this situation. I am in the barrio. Where can I go for help?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is incredible. You are the MOTHER of a baby and you don't have the nerve to pick up your baby and leave?

Last edited:

SHORTY LONG

I agree with Zigner. If the Child is yours, then, when you got your Ducks in order,
and want to leave, call the Police again!

Moreover, looking at your other Post:rolleyes: things do not look like normal
in adding one plus one to equal two.

Compare: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=388000

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">