• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbeem127

Yes, she is filing in Ohio. And she had to serve the bio father as well, but he already lets her see the kids. An attorney wants a $3500 retainer, of which I don't have that kind of money.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Then you will need an attorney. Make sure you get one who is versed in grandparent rights. Bring in the paperwork, or where it can be found on terminating mom's rights.

rbeem127

I just found this. Currently visitation isn't being denied, because my ex is allowing her to see the kids. She also filed against my ex, but he lets her see them, so she wouldnt have any legal standing, right?

In Ohio, grandparents can receive court
orders for visitation with grandchildren, but
only in certain instances.
You, as the grandparent, can petition the
court for visitation if you can prove:
1) visitation is being denied,

ecmst12

She is not a grandparent. She is just some woman with no legal relationship with anyone that the child's father chooses to allow the children to visit. But seriously, you don't want to mess this up. Do what you need to do, sell something, take a second job, whatever, but GET A LAWYER.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, she is filing in Ohio. And she had to serve the bio father as well, but he already lets her see the kids. An attorney wants a $3500 retainer, of which I don't have that kind of money.
Call your local bar association or the local legal aid and see if they can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">