• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grounds for emergency custody hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
its funny how you can be made to feel like the bad guy on this board when youve done nothing wrong.
Get over yourself. You've done nothing wrong? YOU FLIPPIN' IGNORED what you now consider an issue! You're whining about mold, etc, when you did NOTHING at the time! Don't start playing the innocent victim. Please.

Sara7962

Get over yourself. You've done nothing wrong? YOU FLIPPIN' IGNORED what you now consider an issue! You're whining about mold, etc, when you did NOTHING at the time! Don't start playing the innocent victim. Please.
if its that big of a deal then why cant this be enough grounds for an emergency hearing?

It wasnt an issuse until it wasnt taken care of.

CJane

its funny how you can be made to feel like the bad guy on this board when youve done nothing wrong.
It's equally "funny" how you'd try to paint DAD as the bad guy when HE'S done nothing wrong.

And for Isis, because I doubt she'll REALLY read Don Quixote this weekend...

Tilting at windmills -- attacking imaginary enemies, or fighting futile battles. or confrontations where adversaries are incorrectly perceived, or courses of action that are based on misinterpreted or misapplied justifications.

Basically? Almost every thread that I've read tonight. :(

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And for Isis, because I doubt she'll REALLY read Don Quixote this weekend...

Tilting at windmills -- attacking imaginary enemies, or fighting futile battles. or confrontations where adversaries are incorrectly perceived, or courses of action that are based on misinterpreted or misapplied justifications.

Basically? Almost every thread that I've read tonight. :(
I figured she'd watch Man of La Mancha, or at least google. Sigh... I am rapidly losing faith in our educational system.

CJane

I figured she'd watch Man of La Mancha, or at least google. Sigh... I am rapidly losing faith in our educational system.
You're only now losing faith?

Though, I must say. Don Quixote was college, not high school.

And google... well, I was already old. ;)

Sara7962

Ive only painted part of the story. He was never around when we were together. I was always the primary caregiver. He was out with friends after work. He would leave us for the whole weekend with no vehicle while he went 3 hours away to go hunting, or to help a friend fix his house up. There he met a girl he cheated on me with. I left him. I had a rocky start gettin back on my feet and he used that against me. He hasnt paid child support since 2007. If i ever ask him for money he laughs at me and tells me he doesnt have to give me money since he never asked me for money. Which he has and i did give him money for daycare. When i first left him i put her in daycare and paid $150 a week. I asked him to pay for it one time since he was picking her up from there on a friday and he said "No, thats a contract between you and her, (the daycare lady) not me and her". He has a sick 8 month old in the hospital who has lived there her whole life and because of that he was unable to care for my daughter for about 6 months. He rarely had her at that time and i was ok with that since he had an emergency he was tending to. He bought a lincoln navigator that has a high car payment on it. I pay for her dance classes which cost $63 a month. She was in it for 9 months. He paid for one month. I asked him to pay the last 2 and he said ok and then bailed out at the last minute and said she doesnt even like ballet. I paid $80 for her dance costume. Plus her dance shoes n leotards. I paid $80 to enroll her in softball. He has helped me with nothing and ive done far to many favors for him to ask me "who do you thing you are? God?"

And i said No, im her mother.

Sara7962

On top of that I cant afford to work cause i cant afford daycare. When we first talked about having her equally and spliting everything equally daycare was suppsoed to be part of that. But since his girlfriend doesnt work, she watches her when he works. She cant get a job because she got caught stealing from work and had to goto court, so im sure no one will hire her.

Hes also left me with doctor bills to pay because he asked me to take her off of medical assistance so she could go on her insurance through work. I did that and then he got fired. THen he took her to the doctors and i got a Bill in the mail. I told them to send it to his address, which they did and he said he had nothing to do with it and that they had made a mistake and he wasnt going to pay it. So i ended up havin to pay it.

Sara7962

oh and let not forget that when i found the girl he was cheating with me online and was able to tell her that him and I were still "seeing" each other....she broke up with him and he told me he wasnt going to see our daughter at all anymore if i didnt tell his gf that everything i said was a lie.

After they break up for good her and i actaully became friends and she would send my daughter a whole wardrobe in the mail. And she said he racked up her credit cards and never paid her back...adn that he use to ask her if she thought he was a bad dad and she would think in her head that he was because he was very content with leaving our daughter with his gfs mom instead of takin her out and doing stuff with her. She also said if i needed her to come to court she would.

Proserpina

We read the play "Castles in the Air", in 2nd year of senior school (13-ish).

Of course, we also thought the whole thing originated from something called "Donkey Oatey"

LdiJ

Ok then so im better off just filing for custody and having our schedule written in ink there.....mean while, waiting....i have to worry about his threats and picking her up from school and not bringing her home.
Yes, that is exactly what you are better off doing. Clearly you guys now need enforceable court orders.

mistoffolees

if its that big of a deal then why cant this be enough grounds for an emergency hearing?

It wasnt an issuse until it wasnt taken care of.
It MIGHT have been a big enough deal at one time, but the fact that you've ignored it for months says that YOU didn't think it was important.

By allowing it to continue, you not only tell the courts that you didn't think it was an emergency, but also that it wasn't important enough for you to take action a long time ago. So why should they take action today (emergency hearing or no).

The rest of your sob story doesn't mean a thing in terms of the legalities. You were hurt because your ex is a terrible person. Everyone's sorry to hear that. But it doesn't change a darned thing.

Now, you can start gathering evidence and stop accepting problems and then try to get a regular hearing to address them --- or you can continue to hide your head in the sand.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

We didn't actually have to read it in HS (although my son did), but knowing who Don Quixote was, and Sancho Panza, and the whole windmill thing was just part of cultural literacy back in the day. At least in my life. I tend to forget that my upbringing was somewhat outside of the mainstream. BUT... we did put on Man of La Mancha, so people had an inkling.

We read the play "Castles in the Air", in 2nd year of senior school (13-ish).

Of course, we also thought the whole thing originated from something called "Donkey Oatey"
Now THAT is funny!

One cool thing about having a son in college is having a whole new set of stuff to read - they're covering a lot of stuff we never did. My next read is, I think, The Epic of Gilgamesh! I may need to re-read Dante's Inferno, too.

CSO286

We didn't actually have to read it in HS (although my son did), but knowing who Don Quixote was, and Sancho Panza, and the whole windmill thing was just part of cultural literacy back in the day. At least in my life. I tend to forget that my upbringing was somewhat outside of the mainstream. BUT... we did put on Man of La Mancha, so people had an inkling.

Now THAT is funny!

One cool thing about having a son in college is having a whole new set of stuff to read - they're covering a lot of stuff we never did. My next read is, I think, The Epic of Gilgamesh! I may need to re-read Dante's Inferno, too.
I knew the Don Quixote reference...Course I was out all last night with small fry, so I missed all the fun here.

Oh, and there's a great Aduble audiobook of the Divine Comedy. The quality of the recording is great.....I listen to tons of audiobooks when I drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">