• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1-B visa rejected

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pkshh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
Hi,

I am an M.S. graduate working for a company since July 2014. On April 1 2015, my company applied for my H1-B visa, but it wasn't picked in the lottery. I am asking the lawyer to send me a copy of the application, but the attorney is stalling. For some reason they don't want to send me the application. I can't figure out why. And now that they are stalling so much, I am worried that they messed something up. Is there any way I can ask them to send me the application?

t74

It is their application on your behalf. You have no right to demand it. They do not have to share anything with you. The attorney does not have to respond to you at all; your employer is his client , not you.

The fact is was not selected in the lottery has nothing to do with the application itself; it is a matter of luck.

For someone claiming to have a MS from the US, you are terribly misinformed about the H-1B process.

Continue with your attitude and you will be unemployed with a poor reference for the future.

Start packing so you are ready to return to your home country once you OPT is over. If the company is interested in keeping you after your attitude, they can file again next year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">