• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H1B holder wants to file a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amulya23

What is the name of your state? Georgia.

I am from India and on H1B (Approved I-140), working here in states. Myself and my husband living separately for last 10years and he is in india.

Initially he insisted for divorce back in 2015 and then when I went to sign on the papers to india, he twisted back that he doesn’t want divorce. Then he started asking again after I came back to states. Whether he wants to do it or not, I would like to go for divorce. It’s hard for me to make his presence in court and get sign on the papers by being in states and with his confused brain.

What is the process for me to get divorce done by staying/working in USA? Please suggest.

Amulya23

Greater Than 10years.
(Came to USA for work in March2013 and, was in india for 7months during the year: 2016, otherwise there were couple of visits to meet family n friends).

Thanks,

Last edited:

Amulya23

That’s True. I am out of 6years long back.
I have GC filed and holding approved I-140 copy. Based on approved I-140 copy, I can be and work in USA indefinitely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">