• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shelly

I owe a creditor some money and I admit that their have been some months that I have not been able to pay but when I have the extra money I pay them what I can. I do not have a phone at home and what I would like to know is can they call me at work? One of the ladies that works for the compnay that I owe money too keeps calling me at least once a week now for the past month, even after we came to an agreement on a payment plan. It is getting to the point where I am not wanting to answer the phone and that is what I do for a living. Please let me know what I should do about her calling me at work if their is anything that I can do. I do not want to lose my job because of this.

R

Rachel R

Don't know the answer because I'm not a lawyer but most of the people who work for creditors are paid to hound debtors until they pay. It's getting to you, and they want you to pay them first to get them off your back. I'd consider seeing a bankruptcy lawyer if you can't get out any other way, before Congress changes the law and makes it harder for normal people to get relief. I'd also write a letter to the creditor and its President and to the lady calling and say STOP CALLING, that the calls are threatening your job, and you would hold them accountable if they continue. Then next time they call, simply say in a polite way, "Let me make sure I have your name spelled correctly. Your phone number is? I am surprised you are calling. You are not supposed to call again but now that I have your information I'll have my lawyer contact you. Do not call me again." THEN HANG UP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">