• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hare Krishna's are being bullied by a "street person"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Those that are truly homeless tend not to file federal or state income tax returns, whether they owe or would get money back from the government. The lack of a stable address, no bank accounts, and little or no access to computers are all impediments to many of them. Most of them also don't have much taxable income and pretty much no assets from which the government may collect if they should happen to owe some amount of tax. When the economic stimulus payments went out the IRS made some extra effort to encourage homeless people to file to claim the payments they were entitled to receive. But while it tried to set up some arrangements to deal with the problems that homeless people encounter without a stable address and without access to banking, there were still a number of barriers for those folks to claim those benefits.

Those making that kind of money at it aren't as likely to be homeless.
I imagine that those who must apply for a permit to perform are better about filing taxes, regardless of their earnings.

I agree that the homeless street artists are unlikely to be the ones with high earnings.

violas

You say threatening but then again you wanted to be able to hit him with your cane. You seem to be the one doing the threatening. As for leaving people alone, many feel that way about Hare Krishnas and other religious groups approaching them.

violas

No. I don't want to hit him with my cane. But I am not going to stand there and do nothing if he chooses to attack us.

violas

And if he is ALWAYS on that corner, why did you feel the need to attempt to steal it from him? Did you get a permit for that corner? If not, then maybe you should understand why he believes he has superior rights. Because you are interloping and acting horribly towards him.
Are you kidding me? He doesn't own that corner!!! We have every right to use that corner for one hour and a half every Friday!!! It's public property. We don't need a permit. He is threatening us!!! He is the "bad guy" Not us.

violas

Anyway, the minute he approaches us this Friday and starts his yelling, I will call 911 immediately. So the police will decide his fate this Friday.

Eekamouse

Are you kidding me? He doesn't own that corner!!! We have every right to use that corner for one hour and a half every Friday!!! It's public property. We don't need a permit. He is threatening us!!! He is the "bad guy" Not us.
Guess again, interloping hippocri...er..hare krishna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">