• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Head is Spinning. Please HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apple_bottom_25

Pennsylvania

Have a good question. . We work on a point system at work. 2 points for a call off with no dr excuss 1.5 with an excuss. Once you reach ten your "terminated". I know if a few people who have been "terminated" with my company and were able to collect uc benefits. I was told that unemployment determines it by the last day you call and what it is for. If anyone could maybe give me some info on what rights I have for unemployment, or the link to the website would be great.

is that necessarily true you can be fired for calling out with a doctors excuss stating you were with a doctor instead of being at work.

What are my rights!!! if anyone can help!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Outside of FMLA, a doctor's note has no force in law. Unless your absence is covered under FMLA, your employer has no legal obligation to take any notice of a doctor's note and is free to fire you for the absence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">