• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hellnzass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
My husband got cancer, stopped working got Medicaid. Our 3 Children my husband and myself are on Medicaid. We are seperated and now he's back at work. His employer is supplying health insurance but only for him. We do not live in the same household and the children live with me. Will I lose my Medicaid benefits since he has insurance now?

ajkroy

OP, why don't you get your own health insurance, either through your employer or through the Connector? Open enrollment is still for another six weeks or so.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
My husband got cancer, stopped working got Medicaid. Our 3 Children my husband and myself are on Medicaid. We are seperated and now he's back at work. His employer is supplying health insurance but only for him. We do not live in the same household and the children live with me. Will I lose my Medicaid benefits since he has insurance now?
Yes, but you can reapply under your own name. You may or may not qualify. If you are working you can apply under the exchange.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
OP, why don't you get your own health insurance, either through your employer or through the Connector? Open enrollment is still for another six weeks or so.
While the governmental OE's are still open, it's not necessarily the case that her employer's Open Enrollment period is still going on. If it is not, she will have to have actually lost her Medicaid to join her employer's insurance - starting on the date that she loses the Medicaid (if she does) she will have 30 days in which to apply for her employer's insurance. She will need to provide written verification of the loss of coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">