• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heard the bullet go by, hit house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? cali
I am standing in my yard and I hear a bullet go by, maybe within a foot. My first thought was I just survived a sniper attack. I ran into my house grabbed my ar 15 and went to track down the potential sniper. As I was going out the door, I thought, this is ridiculous, no one is going to try and assinate me.
I look where I was standing and I look at the house, that bullet should have taken me out. I line things up, and trace it back to the neibhors house. At this point a lot of people would have just called the cops. I choose to go over and find out, what gives. Turns out the neibhor was shoting piegons and had missed. She was shooting 22 caliber bullets.
So, my question is what should I do. I am fairly sure she was not trying to kill me. If I call the cops she will get in all kinds of trouble, would she be charged with attempted murder? Should I not worry about this if she agrees not to discharge anymore fire arms? Thank you

Ozark_Sophist

What is the name of your state? cali
I am standing in my yard and I hear a bullet go by, maybe within a foot. My first thought was I just survived a sniper attack. I ran into my house grabbed my ar 15 and went to track down the potential sniper. As I was going out the door, I thought, this is ridiculous, no one is going to try and assinate me.
I look where I was standing and I look at the house, that bullet should have taken me out. I line things up, and trace it back to the neibhors house. At this point a lot of people would have just called the cops. I choose to go over and find out, what gives. Turns out the neibhor was shoting piegons and had missed. She was shooting 22 caliber bullets.
So, my question is what should I do. I am fairly sure she was not trying to kill me. If I call the cops she will get in all kinds of trouble, would she be charged with attempted murder? Should I not worry about this if she agrees not to discharge anymore fire arms? Thank you
Call the cops. She should get in all kinds of trouble. No, she would not be charged with attempted murder (unless she WAS aiming at you with the intent of killing you). She could be charged with a number of gun violations.

And sell your AR-15. "Oh, me oh my, someone shot at me. Let me run to safety and pick up my gun instead of a phone."

CdwJava

Your neighbor is an idiot and should not be allowed to have a gun if he or she is shooting at pigeons in a residential neighborhood! The next neighbor may not be so lucky.

Oh, and even if the neighbor had not "missed", a .22 round is going to generally penetrate through a pigeon and continue onward anyway. And don't dismiss the size of the round ... doesn't that AR you ran inside to fetch fire a .223 round?

- Carl

Gunfire is a regular occurrence in my neighborhood. They used to play with dynamite until some low-risers were built in the vacant lot across the street.

Some people on my other websites think so! :D

I live on a highway and there's tons of fireworks going off reguarly. Not occassionally, but regularly. Across the highway, this side of the highway, mostly across the 6 lane highway. A lot of my internet friends call it "adventure." I call it staying away from the windows.

One recent time it happened, the police came here to question me so I'm not calling it into Central (911) anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">