• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! A Complicated Legal Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
I asked you a simple quesiton, you didn't answer it, It appears you want to appeal a case you won, but didn't like the judgement or it isn't enough to cover your cost, those are not grounds for appeal.
You have started 34 threads about your plight which you brought onto yourself.
Here is a link to your first thread where your attorney fired you as a client.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=147403
Now please cite me the grounds for your appeal, otherwise if you sent back the settlement check you have demonstrated by conduct that you forgave the debt not notice of appeal. Ca. EC 622-623.
"When one represents himself, he has a fool for a client". ...
My math is not all that great but wasn't the settlement check more than ZERO dollars? Isn't SOME MONEY better than NO MONEY!?

M

meganproser

Eh, SJ, I don't understand why you wrote this: "Most judges I know (and I know bunches of them) like things plain and obvious. Never assume a judge knows anything."

It's good advice of course, but was there any special reason you offered it behind part of my post?

S

seniorjudge

meganproser said:
Eh, SJ, I don't understand why you wrote this: "Most judges I know (and I know bunches of them) like things plain and obvious. Never assume a judge knows anything."

It's good advice of course, but was there any special reason you offered it behind part of my post?

I do not know! I've slept since then...give me a couple of days to think up a good reason (or give me a couple yourself). :D

M

meganproser

LMAO, how about this...you meant to copy my last paragraph but copied the previous one instead.

My last paragraph made a reference to....gasp...."lying judges".

"I understand your frustration with lying judges and defendants but it does not give you the right to abuse others."

Maybe you wanted to indicate that sometimes it may appear a judge is "lying" when he's actually just making an innocent mistake.

If this was not what you were trying to say, no matter. The point needed to be made anyway!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">