• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help filling out paperwork for Child support adjustment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jubes

What is the name of your state? washington

I need help filling out papers for a motion and declaration for adjustment of child support. We have to file for a child support adjustment through the courts because when y fiance got his divorce his ex was smart and had the court judge sign off on the child support schedule and now DSHS cant touch it for 3 years.

What I need to fill out is the reason. I'm obviously going to mark other because the reason is his financial obligation to our child we are requesting a review so that they might reduce what he is currently paying as it is taking out roughly 40% each week and we could use even a little bit of extra money.

My problem is the wording. I found the reason in the Washington STate child support Schedule on page 3 under paragraph "Deviation Standards" section e. Childrem frorm other relationsjops: The court may deviate from the standard calculation when either or both of the parents before the court have children from other relationships to whom theparent owes a duty of support.

Now how would I word that the paper says:

The support provided for in the most recent order of child support should be adjusted for the following reasons.

(numerous reasons given but the only one that would fit our is)

2.5 Other

(I can link an unfilled photo copy of the paper if it will be easier for anyone to help us) Thanky ou!

What is the name of your state? washington

I need help filling out papers for a motion and declaration for adjustment of child support. We have to file for a child support adjustment through the courts because when y fiance got his divorce his ex was smart and had the court judge sign off on the child support schedule and now DSHS cant touch it for 3 years.

What I need to fill out is the reason. I'm obviously going to mark other because the reason is his financial obligation to our child we are requesting a review so that they might reduce what he is currently paying as it is taking out roughly 40% each week and we could use even a little bit of extra money.

My problem is the wording. I found the reason in the Washington STate child support Schedule on page 3 under paragraph "Deviation Standards" section e. Childrem frorm other relationsjops: The court may deviate from the standard calculation when either or both of the parents before the court have children from other relationships to whom theparent owes a duty of support.

Now how would I word that the paper says:

The support provided for in the most recent order of child support should be adjusted for the following reasons.

(numerous reasons given but the only one that would fit our is)

2.5 Other

(I can link an unfilled photo copy of the paper if it will be easier for anyone to help us) Thanky ou!
Is he also paying back arrears? 40% of his income is well above the guidelines for support in WA. If he is paying current and back support then the 40% is possible.

I believe the 3 yr. review via CSE is standard. They don't want to have to continually review and modify CS.

The court isn't likely to reduce his current CS payment, due to his new obligations, you and your child. They may lower the amount he has to pay towards arrears, but that is a long shot.

jubes

he did have to pay back arrears for the first couple months, but he's done now. His obligation is 411 so I calculated wrong, it is 30% of his gross income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">