• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help..i got a ticket for a no standing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

romeo0o

What is the name of your state? NY

I picked up my girlfriend from Soho today. I stopped momentarily at a no standing zone for her to get in and as I proceeded to leave, car in drive and everything, an officer stopped me and gave me a ticket. Ticket was $95 for being at a no standing zone. My engine was never shut. I just stopped to pick her up and leave. Any chance to fight? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

justalayman

seems like I remember a similar thread awhile back that allowed temp stopping to discharge or load a passenger. I believe it was even New York.

I would reserch the specific code violation.

FlyingRon

What were you charged with?
What did the sign say?

NY synopsis:

No Stopping means you can't stop even to let someone in. You can only stop there because of traffic or a sign/signal/cop that mandates a stop (like a red light).

No Standing means you can stop briefly to unload or load passengers. This means they have to be there, no waiting.

No Parking means you can stop briefly to unload/unload passengers or packages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">