• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!!!Info needed!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashley361

What is the name of your state?TX

I have posted several times but not current issue. Recap without research of older threads. Dad(Me)(CP) mother (NCP)signed jc when my daughter was 2 yo with me having primary custody. She only requested visits from our daughter on holidays only. Orginal order gave her usual every other w/e and alter holidays. She very rarely exercised any. She moved to new state with new hubby and child from prev. relationship(before our marriage and birth of our daughter). Now she lives in same state 9 hours away began every other weekend visits including putting a 6 yo in car 19 hours on these weekends. Cancelled and lied most. She filed for mod on orginal order for more visit and being able to designate residence. After several months of putting child thru the no shows and lies and 30,000 in lawyer fees on our side. She sent e-mail out of blue she wanted no vistitation except Christmas for 1 week and that's it. She did not drop suit and her atty says she did not send message but hello everyone has an IP address and the fact she has not picked up child since June. When she phones she says nothing of visitation to our daughter. Is this considered abandonment or something? This is the 2nd time she has just opted out....Can anything be done? A child is not a hobby you play with until you get bored and then but aside until wanted again. Any suggestions???

LdiJ

ashley361 said:
What is the name of your state?TX

I have posted several times but not current issue. Recap without research of older threads. Dad(Me)(CP) mother (NCP)signed jc when my daughter was 2 yo with me having primary custody. She only requested visits from our daughter on holidays only. Orginal order gave her usual every other w/e and alter holidays. She very rarely exercised any. She moved to new state with new hubby and child from prev. relationship(before our marriage and birth of our daughter). Now she lives in same state 9 hours away began every other weekend visits including putting a 6 yo in car 19 hours on these weekends. Cancelled and lied most. She filed for mod on orginal order for more visit and being able to designate residence. After several months of putting child thru the no shows and lies and 30,000 in lawyer fees on our side. She sent e-mail out of blue she wanted no vistitation except Christmas for 1 week and that's it. She did not drop suit and her atty says she did not send message but hello everyone has an IP address and the fact she has not picked up child since June. When she phones she says nothing of visitation to our daughter. Is this considered abandonment or something? This is the 2nd time she has just opted out....Can anything be done? A child is not a hobby you play with until you get bored and then but aside until wanted again. Any suggestions???
What's all that bad with once a year for a week over Christmas Break? At least it keeps the parent and child with some connection. At least the child is old enough to know and remember who she is. I realize its not ideal, but its not horrendous either. Think about it? It could be a lot worse if she was demanding long summer breaks with the child.

I do understand how you feel...but a judge isn't going to take all visitation away from her....at least not unless she goes at least a year with no contact at all. (no phone contact, no visits etc.) and even then its not guaranteed. So maybe what she is asking isn't all so bad. Its a fairly minimal disruption to your daughter's life.

ashley361

I think it's great!!

TX.
Don't get me wrong, I have always allowed my daughter to visit with her mom(Even when she lived over 1500 miles away). I allowed visits that were not in the custody agreement. I want my daughter to know her mom. It has just now been brought to light that she is verbally abused and blackmailed about visits. Her mom does not make her bath, brush teeth or hair. My daughter was never made aware of the fact that her mother signed custody of her away. My ex-wife told her in the past 9 months that the judge gave me custody of her. The conselors she does therapy with discounted this lie in the appriote ways . I felt if I told her, I may allow facts that need not be disclosed about her mothers actions to sound bias or resentful. So, I allowed professionals to do it. She does and has for a few years questioned why her mom does not want her but goes head over heels for the other child. She feels that she is not good enough because she is a girl. Her mom always wanted another boy and has relayed that to her many times. Over the past 6 months she has been doing reg. visits she shops for my daughter in the boys section(from bluejeans to shoes). My daughter is really developing a complexe over her gender. She does not tell her mom about awards, sports, or school. When asked why she states "All she will do is tell me how much better ?????(bother) did than me". This statement is made to a 7 yo that is Gifted and Talent Prog, Accer. Reader and works at a 6th grade level in the 2nd grade. Her self-esteem has become none exsistent. If it would not be for my wife, who works with her on a constant basis to try an maintain her emotion roll-coaster ride(She is a Ped. Nurse) I see major disaster. I sure every child in this situation would question why a parent does not want them. But I feel that her mother should be the one to give that answer. She always pushes the questions like that off on me. Maybe one day her mother will wakeup and realize for every action there is a reaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">