• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help... Is this Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave33

To answer your last question, it went to superior court because the knife charge is a felony. That is the beginning process for such a crime. A plea cannot be entered to a felony charge in a lower court.

twood99

Ok ..thanks to all. I spoke with the Officer (Detective Sargent ) personally and he said.. My son took a turn off main highway a little to wide.. and crossed over double yellow lines... ( at this point the yellow lines are more narrow to allow left turning lane in opposite direction.They immediately widen But, kinda tricky if too fast.) So he followed him for approx. half mile ( town is actually 1 square mile) and at town center intersection , my son made a left.. (slowed down to look for parking spot.) and continued on to next left to go around block . He then followed him as completed circuit back to town center. As he again made left ( and again looked for parking spot- my house is RIGHT there). Son found spot ( i guess he missed first time around), and the Officer turned on the lights. Detective said- He thought maybe he was drunk due to wide turn off highway, and then when he went around block he thought maybe he was buying drugs. One of the streets required to go around block has a reputation for pot and crack dealing. Thats the long and short of the story. officer said kid was respectful, co-operated fully. Son told Officer he did not know 12 pack was in bed of P/U, that his friend had put it there to hide it from Mom coming home from work. It was 1130pm when stop was made. Son told me he came home early because he had 6am work, and didnt know 12 pack was there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">