• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP pound of marajuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

In what legal way in relation to the charges against him? Legally, would it matter if the passenger was 18?
If you have to ask, then you should not post. Really. BIG difference between assisting a child to score and assisting an adult to score. As in the charges.

LeeHarveyBlotto

That is the trouble with non-attorneys answering legal questions. They think they know the law better than attorneys,
Actually, I believe the larger problem is the laymen giving opinions not of the law, but giving opinions related to the practice of law. For example, there are a number of HR professionals that answer questions in the employment law section. When they answer that an action by an employer is legal or illegal, they are almost always correct. When they use phrases like "you have no case", they are often incorrect, as not being treated illegally and not having a course of action legally are not remotely the same thing.

john39

The only changes I read dealt with possession, not with and kind of juvenile-related charge.
CDWJava told him-
They might have charged you with possession initially, but that does not mean that transportation and sales, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and/or conspiracy to buy/sell/transport drugs, are not forthcoming.
I think the same.

Sometimes,when one puts his head down,instead of proudly up and tall,the saber might miss it.Humility is better,sometimes.But then again its not my head....

tranquility

So as of this moment, the age of the passenger is legally meaningless.
The age of the passenger is a fact which will aid the fact finder in determining if the OP had dominion and control over the drugs or if the passenger had sole possession.

Since that is the key legal issue, it is hardly "meaningless".

Why? Like the old joke "it's like taking candy from babies", common sense tells us that it's easier to be in control of a younger person then an adult. The relative sizes and life experiences could matter here too. I hesitate to give an example, but to avoid arguing the point with deniers, say I had my 12 year old nephew in the car and we were driving. He holds up a blunt fattie filled with (pot, hemp, weed, 13, mary jane) and says, "we should light this candle". I tell him to throw it out the window. He does not.

Am I in possession of the contraband?

Dang skippy. I have dominion and control over what I know is in my car when I'm driving--especially if the other person who claims they can deny me that control is 12.

16 is harder, but still legally relevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">