• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdf

What is the name of your state?ny does an illegal resident have to same parental rights as an american citizen parent? as far as custody goes? the child is american of course

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kdf said:
What is the name of your state?ny does an illegal resident have to same parental rights as an american citizen parent? as far as custody goes? the child is american of course

My response:

Yes, but only until the illegal alien is deported. Contact the local INS office immediately!

IAAL

kdf

i figure 2 idiots would respond. but i need and answer not bigotry. if you dont have one or dont know the answer pls do not respond. thks

Veronica1228

kdf said:
i figure 2 idiots would respond. but i need and answer not bigotry. if you dont have one or dont know the answer pls do not respond. thks
You're sure to get plenty of responses if you call our members idiots! :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kdf said:

My response:

Obviously, you're the foreigner. You won't be seeing your kid again.

IAAL

kdf

yeah so i am suppose to let them insult me i dont think so, i dont care if they are your members or not i am a member too, i asked a question i did not come here to be insulted. And for your info i am not the foreigner, and i have all my kids thank you very much. i am a citizen i just hate bigots that all

LdiJ

kdf said:
yeah so i am suppose to let them insult me i dont think so, i dont care if they are your members or not i am a member too, i asked a question i did not come here to be insulted. And for your info i am not the foreigner, and i have all my kids thank you very much. i am a citizen i just hate bigots that all
Why is the truth an insult? Why is the truth bigotry?

The bottom line is that an illegal alien is likely to eventually get deported. An illegal alien who attempts a custody battle is likely to get deported even more quickly.

LdiJ said:
Why is the truth an insult? Why is the truth bigotry?

The bottom line is that an illegal alien is likely to eventually get deported. An illegal alien who attempts a custody battle is likely to get deported even more quickly.
I was thinking or shall I say wondering the same thing?? Why are you so quick to call names when the advice you were given was/is helpful to you?

Shaking head!!

TSGTSWIFE

Rushia

What I think is this:

Why should the government help them when they can't even obey the law and be in the country legally. Why should I help or even care? How is that bigotry? I have to follow the law and so should everyone else.

kdf

Is there any lawyers or legal aids actually on these boards pls reply to my question above. If not pls DO NOT REPLY. THKS

HCR

confused to kdf

kdf,

I'm sorry if I come across as confused, but I read the first response which seemed to answer very well the initial question without any malice or bigotry. Without trying to come across as rude, i'd like to (hopefully) give some thoughts that are not meant to do anything but put some thoughts out into your world.

The answer seemed to be that the illegal parent only has rights in this country as long as they are actually in this country. This seems simple whether the parent is american or not. Even americans residing in other countries have limited ability to be around their own kids. If an illegal parent is deported, which surly would catch the eye of the USCIS when they went to court to get custody/visitation/child support orders...they would loose any rights. Would you, assuming you got custody, send your child to another country to visit the other parent? And what standing would you have to get your kid back from that other country if the other parent decided not to return them? We as a country can't even deport killers to face justice in this country..what makes you think the state department would be able to get your kid if that happened?

Although the response to call the INS or actually the USCIS might have seemed bigoted, If you take the time to read other people's threads you will see a huge amount of fighting and pain among parents in situations where they can't see their kids. If you are the american and don't want the other parent deported, then work out between yourselves some sort of arrangement. And then pray every night your child is not in your home that the other natural parent hasn't taken them out of the country and out of your life. If you are the foreign parent, then try to work with the other parent the same way, and then pray every night that you are home alone that the other parent doesn't get sick of this and wants to move on and calls the USCIS on you.

I don't think anyone is trying to imply that in your case, either would happen, but it seems the best plan of action is to prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

Good luck

HCR

kdf

THANK YOU HCR. i wish someone would just say that before without all the malice. i appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">