• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Here's a good one!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WyattJ

What is the name of your state? IL

Everyone talks about how not to say negative statements about the other parent with the child around. Okay understandable. But what happens when both parents are in the same doctors office and the NCP sits there and tries to pick a fight every chance he can get with the child in the room.

You see yesterday I had to take our son again to a dr that is a hour away for his kidney problems. My mom drove since my husband had to work and couldn't get off. Everytime my mom was not in a room he would try and pick and fight while his girlfriend was there. When we went to this a dr a few weeks ago and my husband came with NCP didn't say anything mean or try to pick a fight. Hell we all even had lunch after the appt both times we went down.

Yes his girlfriend has came for these appointments and stays in the room...I don't mind it since they are getting married in two weeks but I do mind that she not take over parenting while I am sitting there.

One of the times he was trying to pick a fight with me is saying that anything I get from this dr I have to give him a copy. He was right there, he could of gotten a copy of everything himself. And these new HIPPA laws or whatever they call them, I filled out a form for it and the receptionist asked him to witness it and if he wanted a copy and both times he said no. Later during the day he then said I have to make him a copy. I don't think so! He was right there.

It states in our papers that:

*The custodial parent shall promptly transmit to the non-custodial parent any information received concerning parent-teacher conferences, school programs, athletic schedules, and any other school activities in which the child may be engaged or interested.

*The custodial parent shall promptly, after receipt of the same, furnish to the non-custodial parent a photocopy of the child’s report card and copies of any other reports concerning the child’s academic status or progress.

Those two stipulations state nowhere where I have to provide him with medical copies of anything.

Also back to the insurance drama, there was a $10.00 co-pay. Our papers state:
*That the Petitioner father and Respondent mother shall each pay one-half of all uncovered necessary medical, health, and hospitalization expenses pertaining to the minor child.

So I did not pay the co-pay. The receptionist asked the primary holder to pay anyway and yes I did show them my medical card. I do anway when he is there or not. Better to use both insurances.

Have I done anything wrong or he is just picking arguements in the wrong place or time. I have do deal with the NCP and girlfriend again tomorrow when my son has to go back and get a ultrasound done, and then Mon. my son has a dental appt and the following Mon. he goes back to get all of these test results given to us. Yes he had test ran yesterday too. My father is going to go to the next appt (so my husband doesn't havent lose work) and the NCP can keep his mouth shut. I have already in the last 11 yrs I have known this guy have had three OP's on him.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Is $5 and a few photocopies a hill you want to die on? He can only argue with you when you argue back. Stop reacting to his provocation, get duplicates to mail him, and don't sweat the $5.

It really IS that simple.

WyattJ

So basically I am suppose to go ahead and do wants he wants me to do...let him control me again! Yes you are right it is simple but come on he was standing right there. If I did have the money which I don't I still wouldn't give him a copy when he was STANDING there!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And your son is where in this power struggle? Right between the two of you. Nice for the kid.

Your ex can only control you if you view it that way. My ex is also a control freak - but it's up to me what I allow to bug me. If he wants to be an ass, fine - I'll be more than happy to help him. It takes all the power away. Frankly, every time you show up to an appt with Mommy or Daddy or Hubby in tow, you're telling him that you're still afraid of him and he still has power over you. How you handle giving him copies of stuff doesn't negate any of that.

WyattJ

I understand that about giving him copies which I have done before even when I didn't have to. But just like a child he is...the more I give the more he wants.

And as for dad starting agruements in the office. I just turned my head and did ignore him that is why I am on here today venting.

CMSC

If you want to be stubborn and not get him copies then the next time you all go into the doctors office say "Give him a copy"!

That way you won't be the nice one and you will get what you want...not to give him copies. He will get the copies from someone else and everyone will be happy!

It is really sad that you have to drive all this way with your child and have him watch you all act like children yourselves!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">