• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hey Bloopy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state?

Did you notice that that Merewen chick deleted her thread??? Guess she didn't like the fact that we weren't going to play this game with her.

Ladies and gentlemen of the FA forums... this weekend has been dubbed "don't like the answer, delete the thread" weekend.:D

LdiJ

I didn't see the thread, so I have no idea what it was about....but I would like to point out something that may be kind of important.

The owners of this site don't have it up here just to provide a community service. They also have it up here to advertise/promote their services.

The more newbies who are driven away, the more they are likely to be a bit unhappy about that.

That's just a point that I wanted to make...because I think we have been a tad harsh on the newbies lately. We also can't do them any good or help them understand the reality of things if we drive them away.

CourtClerk

Ld,

While I can completely agree, in order to keep all the newbies here on this site, we are going to have to do what Ziggy has in his siggy (hey, that rhymes :D). Ask your question, then tell us the answer you are expecting to hear, so that we can type it back to you...verbatim.

This individual, is a lot like that other one (lucky whats-her-face). She comes with an issue with the father of her child SHE thinks is reason enough to strip their child from him, finds out that well...it's not. Then disappears for a week. Comes back with the same story (with another variation), we end up finding the previous posts, remind her of her first story, then viola! this thread disappears.

I'll say it a million times. Go hire an attorney who will tell you what you want to hear and take your money while they are doing it. They are out there. If they can't handle straight answers over the internet, then I pity them when they get into a courtroom. They are just going to simply break down! You can't delete the thread then when you're sitting on the witness stand. There is no delete button. I say consider this board training.

LdiJ

Ld,

While I can completely agree, in order to keep all the newbies here on this site, we are going to have to do what Ziggy has in his siggy (hey, that rhymes :D). Ask your question, then tell us the answer you are expecting to hear, so that we can type it back to you...verbatim.

This individual, is a lot like that other one (lucky whats-her-face). She comes with an issue with the father of her child SHE thinks is reason enough to strip their child from him, finds out that well...it's not. Then disappears for a week. Comes back with the same story (with another variation), we end up finding the previous posts, remind her of her first story, then viola! this thread disappears.

I'll say it a million times. Go hire an attorney who will tell you what you want to hear and take your money while they are doing it. They are out there. If they can't handle straight answers over the internet, then I pity them when they get into a courtroom. They are just going to simply break down! You can't delete the thread then when you're sitting on the witness stand. There is no delete button. I say consider this board training.
Its not WHAT we tell them that's the problem. Sometimes our delivery could be a little more civil.

Like I said, I didn't know anything about what was in the thread, and it appears that she probably deserved whatever she got. This thread just looked like a good opportunity to mention something that I had picked up on lately....and that is that our delivery of our info had started getting a tad harsh.

osmosis

I have been in and out of this board for a while now, and my wife has as well. She is a co-owner of a parenting forum and wanted to allow the members there to know about this board for their legal questions. She posted this:

There is a legal advice site called Free Advice www.freeadvice.com with a slew of FAQ topics relating to all aspects of the legal system. This site also offers a forum where you can post your legal questions and get answers from people who are or have been lawfully employed and educated in that area of law.

It's a great site for help, but please note:

1. If you don't write as though you have any sense, they will treat you as such. Be cautious of "sounding ignorant" in your questions. They can be vicious.

2. The senior members on the site are qualified professionals donating their time and efforts. Act with respect and you will be given the same in return.

3. Any Joe off the 'net can answer and or see your questions that are posted on that forum. Do not take things personally and do not be surprised if jimbob123 (random fake screen name) comes in and decides to try to tear your story apart, or if jane321 "hijacks" your thread with a similar story of her own.

4. Make sure you have ALL the details of your problem/question/concern. They can not and will not answer your questions without being properly informed. Don't present your query as "i'm asking for a friend" or anything to that effect as usually the 3rd party has misinformation or is missing vital information.

i also seriously advise browsing the FAQ and a few posts prior to posting. i just give all this warning cause i've seen people get torn apart for asking a question that could have easily been googled.
I thought that was pretty accurate. :D

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have been in and out of this board for a while now, and my wife has as well. She is a co-owner of a parenting forum and wanted to allow the members there to know about this board for their legal questions. She posted this:

I thought that was pretty accurate. :D
YOur wife hit it on the mark.

peppier

The owners of this site don't have it up here just to provide a community service. They also have it up here to advertise/promote their services.

The more newbies who are driven away, the more they are likely to be a bit unhappy about that.

I haven't wanted to butt in because I am a newbie myself but I have thought the same thing many times. Sometimes I physically cringe at the tone.

I remember one thread where some seniors posted Private Messages from the poster on the board and I was horrified. That could sure make someone leery of this site.

The seniors seem to think that people who come for help should already know the law...if they did they wouldn't be here. It is like a 1st grade teacher being po'd because a kid can't read and then blowing them off and calling them stupid and selfish. One can point out someone's ignorance, misconceptions or even stupidity w/o smearing them with sarcasm and meanness.

It is also obvious by reading threads that people who come here for advice are clueless about the law and then to top it all off, most of them are emotional with it, but if they already knew the law and weren't concerned about it they wouldn't be here. If they weren't an emotional mess they might take time to read the past posts and learn but when you are stressed you just want an answer.

In my own case, I did ask an emotional question and guess what, I was call a liar, my granddaughter was called a liar and I was told to butt out that it was none of my business. I don't remember who responded but I allowed a month or 2 and then deleted my thread. I did that because it made me embarrassed to re-read it and not for myself.

I know everyone has been somewhere when someone was singing a solo and almost every note was flat and though you cringed, you also felt sorry for that person who thought that she was singing beautifully. That is how I often feel when I read some of the posts around here. A lot of people know the song but they don't know how to sing it in a beautiful way.

On any given day you will find a 3 page post where people just used it to bash the OP, especially when that OP points out the nastiness of a reply. I've also seen extreme humility from people who are willing to tough it out to get what they want and I give them kudos.

Well, anyway, there's my more than 2 cents worth and if I get snubbed, too bad.

Bloopy

Did you notice that that Merewen chick deleted her thread???
Sure did!

How dare you tell her she can’t dictate the child’s schedule to Dad even though has breasts.:eek:

Seriously though, some posts get pretty snarky, but I don’t think this was one of them.

I’ve been spanked myself here too, thanks OG, but I always thought that was the price of free advice. It’s worth it.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sure did!

How dare you tell her she can’t dictate the child’s schedule to Dad even though has breasts.:eek:

Seriously though, some posts get pretty snarky, but I don’t think this was one of them.

I’ve been spanked myself here too, thanks OG, but I always thought that was the price of free advice. It’s worth it.
You are welcome Bloopy. And I really think peppier and LD are yelling at me. No offense taken and OH WELL. You know I love you LD like a little sister. And peppier, well you haven't been around long enough for me to knwo what to make of you. For your information I have the exact same attitude in dealing with my clients (the vast majority of whom LOVE ME) and the courts (and yeah they like me too!)

Bloopy

For your information I have the exact same attitude in dealing with my clients (the vast majority of whom LOVE ME) and the courts (and yeah they like me too!)
Good Grief! I thought you cranked it up a notch just for us. :):confused::eek::rolleyes::cool::p;):D:eek: (just 'cause you love the Smilies)

I’d want my baker to sugar-coat things, or Splenda them at least. But a lawyer? Heck no.

peppier

Ohiogal,

I don't know how to say this, but yes, I was thinking of you if only because you do so many posts. That said, it isn't really just you. It is the pile on mentality and I actually think it is those who are trying to be like you but aren't as knowledgable as you.

You actually remind me of my little sister. She pulls no punches and says what she means and she's a nurse and yeah, she scares the heck out of people a lot of times. I have often envied her . In my vernacular, I describe her as having huevos and I often let her use them on my behalf. I have quite a few friends like you and they are symbiotic relationships, I need their outspokenness, strength and brass and they need me to soften them.

Not that I'm some kind of saint, when I'm a &*tch I do it with malice aforethought and it is premeditated and I can be meaner than any snake around.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ohiogal,

I don't know how to say this, but yes, I was thinking of you if only because you do so many posts.
LD has more posts than I do.

That said, it isn't really just you.
Damn. I thought I was original.

It is the pile on mentality and I actually think it is those who are trying to be like you but aren't as knowledgable as you.
I am unique. There is only one of me. All imitators can step off. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? Ummm.. okay.. yeah...

You actually remind me of my little sister.
Okay. But I don't have an older sibling. And LD is my little sister. So...

She pulls no punches and says what she means and she's a nurse and yeah, she scares the heck out of people a lot of times.
You know, I was once told I scared people because I was TOO NICE! Seriously. True story. I was intimidating because I am TOO NICE. Go figure that.

I have often envied her .
Okay.

In my vernacular, I describe her as having huevos and I often let her use them on my behalf.
My husband would be quite upset if I had huevos.
I have quite a few friends like you and they are symbiotic relationships, I need their outspokenness, strength and brass and they need me to soften them.
Truthfully i can be very soft. Ask the people who have said I am intimidating because I am TOO NICE. (Yes that is an actual quote. Some one like me should not so nice and sweet -- actual quote. And no sarcasm meant.)

Not that I'm some kind of saint,
Very few are.

when I'm a &*tch
The word is bitch.

I do it with malice aforethought and it is premeditated and I can be meaner than any snake around.
Now that is just nasty. I have no malice aforethought nor premediation. I am who I am.

peppier

Oh, and Ohiogal, I don't think that you responded to either of my threads that I deleted. I was ballsy enough to delete them even after I knew how much it is frowned on, so maybe in my old age I'm growing a pair.

Just Blue

Oh, and Ohiogal, I don't think that you responded to either of my threads that I deleted. I was ballsy enough to delete them even after I knew how much it is frowned on, so maybe in my old age I'm growing a pair.
Did I respond? Was I mean?? :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">