• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hey Concerned and Desparate Grandmother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are a trainwreck. You posted the contact information knowing that I was going to call CPS because I told you I was going to do it. Which is exactly what I did when you VOLUNTARILY gave me everything. I told you I was going to call CPS. HOW FREAKING DARE YOU BE COWARDLY WITCH and now whine and cry and accuse me of being vengeful. I told them how I got the information and gave CPS access to your threads. I also told them that you refused to follow the advice to report your concerns to the PROPER authorities which they could read in threads here and other places that I sent them to, WingDings. Your response below shows how much of a pathetic individual you are. I was honest in what I stated. I followed through. You chose not to believe it. That is on you. If you never see your grandchildren again, that is YOUR fault. You raised your drunk daughter. You knew the situation and did nothing for apparently 30 years... Your oldest granddaughter is only 16. So apparently you not only suck as a caring grandmother, you sucked as a mother.

Post 37 in your thread says:
  • "The child permanently leaves home and ended the relationship with both parents for no good reason (except if the child left home because of abuse by a parent or a similar reason)" Does that mean she can come live with me?
That implies custody.

Post 50 you said:
that's what grandparents do, least that i can do for screwing up my daughter. i was too young and didn't know it. 17 when she was born
Post 75, I told you to give me the information:
HELL, give me the names of your daughter and grandchildren and their address and I will freaking call. I care more than you do if you are spouting anywhere near the truth. I work with abused children every day of my life and recommend where they should be. YOU would not be recommended because you haven't done anything to protect these children. NOTHING.
You posted the names and phone numbers. I am a mandated reporter. I CALLED and then you decide to have a tantrum making it all about you again. You deserve to never see them again if you were lying.

For the rest of the individuals' reading pleasure this gem:

You seem to enjoy being mean and hateful. congratulations, cps has already been there and gone, case closed as far as CPS, YOU FAILED! YOU BLEW IT!! And now because of your self-entitled, self-appointed and self-absorbed interference and uninform knowledge of the situation and your need for grandiose recognition, Because of your ignorant, irresponsible, self-centeredness and a need for praise, your actions have resulted nothing positive. just the opposite. You have caused more harm and their life is now even worse. How is it in anyway at all a good thing for you purposely destroy my credibility to tell authorities? YOU FAILED!!! I am the one with the knowledge and proof!! So, Now that you have failed, you tell me how is it that I can contact the authorities and expect them to help? I DO NOT WANT CUSTODY!!! How could you even think that when I have never suggest such a thing??? that is ridiculous!! I live in a retirement apartment housing complex, visitors 2 weeks of the year!! I am on SSI!!! I can't afford them!! I am done raising children!! NO WAY! I don't wanna live with them! I just want to be a grandma!!! BUT of course, if they were living on the streets, I would bring them home and get help getting them their own life. You tend to talk a lot but listen very little. That is obvious for the reason that you have misjudged me enormously! You take pleasure hating me, insulting me, and trying to destroy me. I am not the enemy!! I made my post to try and get help. I didn't get help. The sole purpose of my thread was for trying to get xmas gifts/money to the kids, because no one else gives the anything. My thread does not mention nearly how extensive and bad their circumstances truly are. Calling authorities was gonna be next after I got the items to them. Their dad is smart and good at convincing lies. I know this and that is why I have had to write letters 30+ years of facts backed up with proof! Because I have only one chance to do this right and succeed. If you truly had good intentions at heart, you would have helped, But, you didn't and the Reality is that you have caused more harm that is just the fact! I can only hope that you can look in the mirror and think about what you have done, and the consequences of your actions so that maybe next time you wont hurt anyone else. I understand that people are not perfect and they make mistakes, but what you did was not a mistake. What you did you did with malice, anger, hate and revenge. Not for any concern for my family, only for your self and your ego.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
BTW the only things I said in my call to CPS were read DIRECTLY from the thread and what you posted, you allegedly concerned and desperate grandmother. I didn't do it for any other reason than I am a mandated reporter. I said NOTHING other than what you had stated and gave CPS the threads to read for themselves. Uninformed? You were the one who gave the information. They knew who you are. I could continue about how the ones to blame for this situation are you, your daughter and the rest of your FAMILY. But you don't like responsibility.

Malice, anger and hate? Nope. My job is what I did as a MANDATED REPORTER. You alleged abuse. I had a duty to call. Especially when you spouted the names and telephone numbers on the thread. YOUR CHOICE. You did. Keep shirking your responsibilities. You are pathetic.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
While this whole situation has produced some popcorn-worthy moments (not the abuse of the children, obviously, but the devolution of OP. What started off as a seemingly somewhat naive and desperate grandparent, quickly devolved into a screeching harpy. Yes, I've seen the various DMs...), it is, sadly, too early in the day for popcorn.

Perhaps I can break this down for you @theresajengle ... As I indicated waaaaay up top on the first page of your thread, it is not a good plan to post identifying information on an Internet site. Yet, despite that, you proceeded to post further identifying details (names and phone numbers) for a mandated reporter (do you know what that means? (*)) or anyone to make use of. Honestly, I'm just a regular person, but if OhioGAL (a mandated reporter) hadn't called CPS, I was quite ready to. Why? Because none of the people who should be invested in keeping these children safe (grandma, Mom & Dad) seem the least bit interested in doing so. You, yourself, posted that it was more important to get them their Christmas gifts. What better gift than the one of safety?

Frankly, OG's actions were the ONLY proper ones, given the scenario you painted. You were doing nothing. Heck - if you could afford a $500 phone plus Christmas gifts, you really could have found a way to get the ~4 hours to where they live and physically ask local PD to do a welfare check.

In any event, what's done is done, and with any luck, those children will be placed out of harm's way. (and no, CPS does not close cases that quickly - that family will be on the radar for a long time.)

(*) This may provide you with some insight. I actually discovered that, in my state, I would be required to report as a "permissive reporter" (the things one learns!). https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/statutes/manda/

ETA: When your daughter told you someone called CPS, and you told her it wasn't you... did you tell her the call was made based on you blabbing your family business on the Internet and providing her name/contact info?

Last edited:

Just Blue

While this whole situation has produced some popcorn-worthy moments (not the abuse of the children, obviously, but the devolution of OP. What started off as a seemingly somewhat naive and desperate grandparent, quickly devolved into a screeching harpy. Yes, I've seen the various DMs...), it is, sadly, too early in the day for popcorn.

Perhaps I can break this down for you @theresajengle ... As I indicated waaaaay up top on the first page of your thread, it is not a good plan to post identifying information on an Internet site. Yet, despite that, you proceeded to post further identifying details (names and phone numbers) for a mandated reporter (do you know what that means? (*)) or anyone to make use of. Honestly, I'm just a regular person, but if OhioGAL (a mandated reporter) hadn't called CPS, I was quite ready to. Why? Because none of the people who should be invested in keeping these children safe (grandma, Mom & Dad) seem not the least bit interested in doing so. You, yourself, posted that it was more important to get them their Christmas gifts. What better gift than the one of safety?

Frankly, OG's actions were the ONLY proper ones, given the scenario you painted. You were doing nothing. Heck - if you could afford a $500 phone plus Christmas gifts, you really could have found a way to get the ~4 hours to where they live and physically ask local PD to do a welfare check.

In any event, what's done is done, and with any luck, those children will be placed out of harm's way. (and no, CPS does not close cases that quickly - that family will be on the radar for a long time.)

(*) This may provide you with some insight. I actually discovered that, in my state, I would be required to report as a "permissive reporter" (the things one learns!). https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/statutes/manda/

ETA: When your daughter told you someone called CPS, and you told her it wasn't you... did you tell her the call was made based on you blabbing your family business on the Internet and providing her name/contact info?
Blue is clapping in Nevada...good post Stealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">