• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hi there I need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

liquidsuite

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Canada

Hi there I need some advice for a friend of mine. She has 2 kids and had a husband but he separated with her 1 year ago. He has been cheating on her for 5 years with one women he is with and also he has before that fooled around with many women. We do not have any hard evidence but it is 100 percent truth. No the problem is he is the main bread winner in that he worked and now has his own company and she was the house wife who worked hard to bring up their kids.

Now she does not have money to go all out in court to get whats fair for her. They were married for 15years. She is very upset and she also would like a divorce from him. He is right now in control of situation as he pays for things still in their house even though he dont live there he still supports her and the kids. Eventually he is probably going to divorce her but in his own way and terms. I want to know what can my friend do to take control more of situation. Even thing like scheduling for when he sees kids he arranged his own schedule for Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings he comes see them and take them on some weekends here and their to his home. Recently she was not happy with scheduling so changed it to less days.

This situation is messy and I don't know what she is able to do to improve it. If you have any advice for me to help her.

Maybe one idea I have is what if she made a proper legal doc of her terms with her asking for divorce and then she could present it to him and say if you want a divorce this is how I want it to be. Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks guys.

liquidsuite

I just want advice

Hi there again I know my questions not to do with US law but canada but I am just looking for general advice really. So please anyone can help me.

CourtClerk

No. If you didn't notice when it was asked "what is the name of your state" there was a declarative statement that said US LAW ONLY. That's there for a reason. This board is for US Law, and there are no generalizations in the law.

Have a nice day. Please find a Canadian forum to post your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">