• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cryix47

What is the name of your state? VA

Hi Everyone,

Today I went to work at my salon,which is located in a strip mall. I had glanced at my car during my break and noticed that there was a strange black mark on my rear bumper. I went out to my car and it had a big scratch on it. It's really not a hit and run because the person left a note on my windshield saying sorry and with his number and his first and last name. I called him and asked for insurance information. He said I will call you in a few minutes because I have to call the insurance company for the information. So im like ok.... He calls back a half hour later and says that his insurance company will call him back with the information. He then asks is it ok for me to reach you at the number your dialing from which at the time was the salon number. I said yes until 5pm. Well 5pm arrives and I call him to check the status. He says he hasnt gotten a call yet from the insurance company. I then ask him what is the name of your insurance policy and he says I don't know it's my parents. Then I start to weary because he had lied to me. How can someone call the insurance company to get information not know what the insurance company is called? I then asked him well when will I hear something? He says tomorrow morning. I called the local police dept and they said they couldnt send out a cop to do a report because it was not a hit and run because the person left a number to call. The police dept said to call my insurance company and have them contact this person which I already did. My question is when I talk to him tomorrow and he still has no info what should be my next step? Im thinking he is hiding it from his parents because he would not give me any insurance info. Should I ask him if he would like to pay out of pocket for the damage? The damage is very minor the scractch is not deep into the plastic. It just needs to be sanded and re-painted. Any Info would greatly appreciated:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">