• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hit while at a stoplight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjr5150

What is the name of your state?colorado

I was taking my car to wash it, and while at a stoplight, a car coming the other way(Iwas facing southbound and the other car was coming east to west) he ran a red light and hit a car which in return they both slid into me.. I went and got estiments cause I was asked to by the guys insurance company, and now they say the are only gonna pay %25 of the total, which is $2500.. The guy that ran the red light got the ticket and his insurance only say they are responsible for %25.. Is this possible? Would I be wrong to just pay to have it fixed and deal with the insurance? or should I wait for them?

Happy Trails

tjr5150 said:
What is the name of your state?colorado

I was taking my car to wash it, and while at a stoplight, a car coming the other way(Iwas facing southbound and the other car was coming east to west) he ran a red light and hit a car which in return they both slid into me.. I went and got estiments cause I was asked to by the guys insurance company, and now they say the are only gonna pay %25 of the total, which is $2500.. The guy that ran the red light got the ticket and his insurance only say they are responsible for %25.. Is this possible? Would I be wrong to just pay to have it fixed and deal with the insurance? or should I wait for them?
What reason did the insurance company give you for only wanting to pay 25%?

tjr5150

No reaso really.. They just say they need to investigate it.. There customer, the one that hit me is the one who ran the red light and got the ticket, and hit the other car and me

Happy Trails

tjr5150 said:
No reaso really.. They just say they need to investigate it.. There customer, the one that hit me is the one who ran the red light and got the ticket, and hit the other car and me

Okay, then let them finish the investigation.

They should (by what you wrote here) pay 100%, but they need to send out an adjuster (adjuster may not agree with the estimates) and complete the investigation......

tjr5150

Sorry I forgot to put that in, they did send there adjuster out and also he took pics.. Today they told me since I'm having a bad attitude about them not wanting to for %100 now they're paying nothing they said.. So I guess time for a lawyer.. Thanks for any adive given

Happy Trails

tjr5150 said:
Sorry I forgot to put that in, they did send there adjuster out and also he took pics.. Today they told me since I'm having a bad attitude about them not wanting to for %100 now they're paying nothing they said.. So I guess time for a lawyer.. Thanks for any adive given
That's what I would do, since Colorado small claims limit is $7,500.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">