• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA Land Redeeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JohnBLZ

What is the name of your state? Kansas

We're currently in a situation where the city has been promising to improve the creek running through a number of HOA members back yards. For four+ years now we've been getting the run around, with the latest plan to rip down 80% of the mature trees and concrete in part of the stream.

The HOA to the North of us is facing the same issue, however the city is limited in what they can do because years ago the HOA deeded the green space land surrounding the creek to the homeowners. Something my HOA has not done.

My question is, would it be possible to redeed this green common space owned by the HOA to the homeowners bordering it, and if so, how would we go about doing this? My wife and I consist of 1/4th of the HOA Directors and we're both in agreement on this (not just for personal gain but because it's the best way to protect the beauty of the neighborhood).

Any non-binding ;) suggestions?

THANK YOU in ADVANCE!!!

pojo2

JohnBLZ said:
how would we go about doing this?
You see an Atty versed in Real Estate matters who can deal with all the issues involved in such a transaction, if it is even possible, and can advise you based on ALL relevant facts.

divona2000

yes get that lawyer

Make sure the lawyer is very familiar with water rights also. The law may be different in your state, but here in Michigan the DNR/DEQ has control over much of what happens with water. I own 7 subdivision lots with a creek running through one of them, and I can't even build within 200' of the waters edge, can't dredge it out, can't pull stumps, and definitely can't pour concrete!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">