• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday Visitation - Other Thread Closed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StampGirl

What is the name of your state? California

Not sure why the other thread was closed. I have one more question.

Here is what I have for the Respondance paperwork. Does it sound good or do I need to fine-tune it a bit more:

"I am requesting that the current order for holiday visitation stand. Exchanging the children at Noon on Xmas Day is not an issue for me nor the children. His work schedule changes continually (he is a police officer) & only has Xmas off when it falls on his regular days off. This year he took the Xmas holiday off from work which is also his court-ordered holiday visitation. My family lives in the same city as I do so no travel is necessary. His family lives close to him (3-40 min both brother and mother). His wife's family, however, lives out of town in Sacramento, CA and Colorado. I offered him a swap of visitation time for Xmas this year, but he deemed it unfair. The swap I offered would allow us both to have the chilren when we are off work (me from Fri Dec 21-Noon on Xmas Day and him from Noon Xmas day-Sun Dec 30th). He also would have them Jan 3-6th. I only have half of Xmas Eve day off -Xmas Day. There would have been a reasonable visitation schedule worked out if he was actually working on Xmas like we do every year. When I asked him if he wanted to take the children to Sacramento for Xmas, he responded no they were staying at home this year. I have allowed him extra time in the past to take them to visit her family. His change request only reflects his current situation & will be different next year if he is not given the time off at Xmas."

Any changes?

CJane

I would do more along the lines of:

"Mr. X asked to change the schedule on XX/XX/XXXX. I responded promptly with a schedule that deviated from our stated order, and would accomodate both of us with our work schedules. As you can see on the attached sheet (then outline like I did in your other thread who would have them when in each scenario).

It is important to point out that the children's entire extended family lives w/in an hour of both X and I, so travel never has been and shouldn't ever be an issue.

The reason our current order differs from standard is to accomodate Mr. X's work schedule. As a police officer, he is unable to have the holidays off on a regular basis and so we have a fluid schedule that allows for time with the kids when he is available.

Mr. X's wife has family in the Sacramento, CA area and the children have gone with X and Mrs. X to visit them - most recently at Christmas last year when I allowed Mr. X to have the entire vacation period. However, this is not a regularly scheduled trip, and can be accomodated on a case by case basis.

StampGirl

CJane you are the best!! :)

Thanks so much for all your help. I knew I needed another set of eyes to help me word it differently.

tuffbrk

And it was perfect...SG's kind of rambled but I couldn't think of a concise paragraph to replace it...yes, think you deserve a crown...;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Geezzz...cj, can ANYone get any more succinct? hellow?

don't make us come over there....
Don't make me kick your ass CJ. I have a reputation as a real sweet and gentle type of person who wouldn't hurt a fly. Kicking YOUR ass would ruin my rep.

Oh hell....

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.
Did you turn in your fee for the LSAT?

TinkerBelleLuvr

OG - I've suggested that she could take her writing skills into a money making proposition that could probably make her even MORE money that being an attorney. :D:D:D And she could even do it from home :D:D:D

CJane

OG - I've suggested that she could take her writing skills into a money making proposition that could probably make her even MORE money that being an attorney. :D:D:D And she could even do it from home :D:D:D
I'll have to go this route first anyway... if I'm going to be able to afford to feed my kids while finishing my bachelor's so that I can apply to law school to begin with.

Oh, for the days when you didn't have to be a graduate of law school in order to take the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">