• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holidays and school days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The copy we have is not, but it's the original signed copy, so I'm sure the actual filed copy at the courthouse is signed, therefore making it an order.
Wait, you don't even KNOW what the order actually contains???

I apologize to @zddoodah. His questions and comments are relevant. I had assumed that you were passing on known-correct information, not conjecture. My mistake...

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
A holiday shall begin at 6:00 p.m. on the night preceding the holiday and end at 6:00 p.m. the night of the holiday, unless noted here: ___(blank)____
So... what is expected for "school free" days? It says nothing about that, so z's guess that it's meant as a catch all sounds right.

And does the school district call snow days before 6 PM the day before? Otherwise, under Dad's interpretation, Mom needs to invest in a crystal ball or a time machine.

My district has been known to put out robocalls at 3-4 AM.

Maymee

I have to admit, I’d be interested in seeing a source or citation for this. It would make things much more clear.
I’m sorry I’m just now responding. I don’t think I’m allowed to post links to certain sites but if you Google “is a snow day a custody day in Tennessee” (with the quotes), the top link will provide the info for which you’re searching.

I’m also speaking from experience. I’ve watched this scenario play out in Tennessee courts more times than I care to remember. As someone said previously, if it’s not safe to transport children to school, it’s probably not safe to drive them anywhere. (Of course, being in TN, we know snow days can happen at just the threat of snow so…lol)
I wish you the best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">