• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOME INVASION & STRONGARM ROBBERY, ETC.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurenamber

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hello. Last night, while my fiancee was asleep on the couch, 5 men kicked our front door in, physically attacked and beat him, and robbed him of all of our money by knifepoint. My fiancee got a good look at almost all of the suspects, and he recognized most of them from highschool. After we called the police, a detective showed up with a sleu of officers, questioning us. They separated my fiancee and I, as well as our neighbor. When they questioned my neighbor, they asked him about the "traffic" at our home. I assume he was talking about drugs, but who knows. I also heard the officer tell my fiancee that "things dont add up, and were on to you". We called the police for help, and instead we are being investigated! I am concerned that the police's motive is not to catch the suspects (whom we identified at the police station in a yearbook), but to instead, I suppose, investigate whether or not we sell drugs, which, might I add, is rediculous. Now, after finding one of the guy's pictures in the yearbook, the detective pulled his record (he had been arrested 4 times in the past 3 years for robbery of some kind). The next thing that came out of his mouth was "well, I will see if there is enough grounds to get a warrant". What more "ground" does he need???!!! MY FIANCEE PICKED HIS FACE OUT OF A YEARBOOK!!! We are too afraid to even sleep at our home, so we packed up all of our stuff, plus our kitty, and got out of there. On top of all of that, my leasing office will not let me break my lease, even though there have been many incidences there involving our saftey, in example: my car was burglarized not more than one week of moving in. There is also a drug addict that lives on the bottom floor, and he always knocks on our door asking for cigarettes and beers. My fiancee was once waiting for his boss to come pick him up, and he was assaulted by an unknown assailant (my fiancee DID get the best of HIM, though). In order to break the lease, they want over a grand from us. Our lease expires in December! What is a month and a half early? Pretty much, to break the lease, we will need A LOT OF CASH, because we would have to pay off the apartment, and then have a deposit/1st months rent/application fees for the new place. I am currently paying rent for an apartment that I am now too scared to live in, much less sleep in. My father is freaking out, telling me that the apartment complex should be sued for criminal negligence, and that he wants me to get out now...........what a story. Anyways, my questions here are this:

Do you think justice is being served in this case, as the police are investigating our lifestyle, and not the criminals?

What type of charges can be brought up on the assailants? Home Invasion? Strongarmed Robbery? Conspiracy to commit a felony? Assault and Battery? What else, if you could add to these charges, and if not these charges, then what?

What type of sentences can be put upon the assailants, speaking that they have a record of robbery and assault and battery as a minor, and now they are adults?

Do I have grounds to break my lease? Could I sue the leasing office for negligence?

Finally, my last question would be "WHERE DO I START???" Can anyone help me find out what my rights are, and what is going to happen???

JETX

laurenamber said:
Do you think justice is being served in this case, as the police are investigating our lifestyle, and not the criminals?
Yes. The police are investigating ALL aspects of this case.... including the unlikely chance that you and your fiance would be picked for what appears to be an excessively large 'attack'.

What type of charges can be brought up on the assailants? Home Invasion? Strongarmed Robbery? Conspiracy to commit a felony? Assault and Battery? What else, if you could add to these charges, and if not these charges, then what?
It doesn't matter what charges we might 'come up with' as we will not be filing the charges. Let the police and prosecution do their jobs.

What type of sentences can be put upon the assailants, speaking that they have a record of robbery and assault and battery as a minor, and now they are adults?
Again, there are far too many variables for anyone to decide what punishment might be dealt out.... especially since we have no idea of what, if any, charges might be filed.

Do I have grounds to break my lease?
This one is easy.... no.

Could I sue the leasing office for negligence?
Negligence for what??? There is nothing in your post that shows the management was negligent.

Finally, my last question would be "WHERE DO I START???"
Start by letting the police do their job.

laurenamber

JETX said:
Yes. The police are investigating ALL aspects of this case.... including the unlikely chance that you and your fiance would be picked for what appears to be an excessively large 'attack'.

It doesn't matter what charges we might 'come up with' as we will not be filing the charges. Let the police and prosecution do their jobs.

Again, there are far too many variables for anyone to decide what punishment might be dealt out.... especially since we have no idea of what, if any, charges might be filed.

This one is easy.... no.

Negligence for what??? There is nothing in your post that shows the management was negligent.

Start by letting the police do their job.

YOU, my friend, are the idiot. NOT ME. Dont be an ass. I need to know what is going to happen here, and what I can do. I am letting the police "do thier job", I just believe THEIR motive is not what it should be. And, when I asked if I could sue the complex for negligence, I elaborated on why. It is not my fault you do not know how to comprehend the english language and the way it is applied. It is called reading- you know, top to bottom, left to right. A group of letters form a word, and a group of words followed by a period forms a sentence. Multiple sentences make a paragraph. It is called reading, as I said before. I am sorry that you are unable to figure this out. Since you have shown me what an ignorant fool you are, I obviously cant just type my response, so I will SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!!

T-H-E L-E-A-S-I-N-G O-F-F-I-C-E F-A-I-L-E-D T-O
R-E-S-P-O-N-D T-O N-U-M-E-R-O-U-S C-O-M-P-L-A-I-N-T-S
F-R-O-M T-E-N-N-A-N-T-S A-B-O-U-T S-A-F-E-T-Y
I-S-S-U-E-S, I.E., S-C-R-E-E-N-I-N-G T-H-E-I-R
A-P-P-L-IC-A-N-T-S M-O-R-E T-H-O-R-O-U-G-H-L-Y, A-N-D R-E-S-P-O-N-D-I-N-G T-O R-E-Q-U-E-S-T-S T-O
S-U-P-P-L-Y S-E-C-U-R-I-T-Y O-F S-O-M-E F-O-R-M.

their failure to do so caused bodily injury and harm to my fiancee, myself, and my car on numerous occasions. There have been ample complaints from other tennants about the security as well. Now, if you have advice for me, instead of snide comments, I will gladly accept. Otherwise, shut the **** up. People dont come here to get bashed, they come for advice. Like I said in my previous post, take your ass somewhere else.

And by the way, I could understand you calling me an idiot if I posted the thread 3 times under the same subject, but as you can clearly see (I forgot, you can't read) I posted the thread under 3 different subjects:

Arrests, Searches, Warrants, & Procedure (I would like to know what is going to happen.)
Other Crimes-Federal & State (they violated FEDERAL laws, and Im not sure WHAT laws they broke, other than the obvious)
Sentencing, Parole, Pardons, Plea Bargains (I would like to know what sentence the charges will bring.)

I AM SORRY THAT I AM NOT A LAWYER (actually Im not sorry because everyone hates them) BUT YOU NEED TO LEARN TO GROW UP, FOLLOW THE RULES, AND PLAY NICE, AS THIS TYPE OF PERSONAL ATTACK IS NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS USED FOR. AS I SAID BEFORE, I CAME FOR ADVICE, NOT TO BE BASHED BY YOU.

THAT IS ALL

P.S.- Huked on Foniks wurked for yoo!

JETX

laurenamber said:
I need to know what is going to happen here
No you don't. 'What is going to happen' to the subjects who did the crime, if any, is NOT in your control.

and what I can do.
You can't do anything. You have made the criminal complaint to the police department. They are going to investigate and presumably will take the appropriate action of recommending criminal charges be filed by the prosecutor.

I am letting the police "do thier job", I just believe THEIR motive is not what it should be.
And until such time as you find out what their actions are.... or even IF they have a motive, there is STILL nothing you can do.

And, when I asked if I could sue the complex for negligence, I elaborated on why.
No you didn't. You asked if you could "sue the leasing office for negligence?" I have to admit, in hindsight, my answer wasn't literally correct and should have been:
Yes, you can sue the leasing office for negligence. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else for almost anything. HOWEVER, there is NOTHING in your post that would indicate that they were negligent.... so you won't win.
Does that 'correction' make you feel better??? :D

It is not my fault you do not know how to comprehend the english language and the way it is applied. It is called reading- you know, top to bottom, left to right.
Actually, I read left-to-right, THEN top-to-bottom!! :D

so I will SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU!!!
Simply reciting the letters, even with dashes/hyphens between them is NOT spelling!! :D

However, I will make this very simple for you..... and will type slow so that even you can follow:
THERE IS NOTHING IN YOUR POST THAT INDICATES THEY WERE NEGLIGENT. However, if you feel you should, go ahead and sue them. That is your 'right'.

Last edited by a moderator:

AHA

laurenamber said:
who are you to direct these people where to reply? who are you to have such a strong opinion of someone you never met? what a way to live a life.
Take a deep breath and calm down.
One thread per case is more than sufficient. We don't need to read the same story on 3 different places on the same message board.
Besides it's easier for you and everyone else interested to hopefully learn from the responses, and if you have 3 threads with the same question, it's a lot harder to keep track of the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">