• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Owner Assistance Program not working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Schwippsy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I lost my job two years ago and applied in June 09 for the Home Owner Assistance Program with CitiMortage. The trial period was supposed to take 3 months and new terms to be decided on thereafter. We are now into months 9 and I have complied with all the necessary paperwork, made modified payments ahead or on time, but this file is just not moving. Every time I call I get a different answer. Today I asked for a supervisor and she said that they are waiting for statements to be scanned into the system (which I sent in 3 times and they keep on getting lost) and then the file should be good. That is not good enough, as I know they do not have their act together, are inapporpriately or under staffed at my expenses.
When applying for the program I said in my letter that I do not want to particpate if this affects my credit. I called customer service on top of that and they said that it would not as long as I make timely payments. I did not know better and believed them.
I just pulled my credit score which was 790 before I joined that program and just for this matter is now down to 689 and will stay on my record for 6 years.
It is not due to my wrong doing that this file is not moving. What can I do?
I sent a note to all 3 credit bureaus that it is out of my control that I am reported late, which is wrongly classified, as I am making modified payments on time.
Any suggestions for me?
It cannot be that something that was supposed to help me, if now making everything worse. If I stopped the Home Owner assitance program, I would not be able to get a refi with another lender as my credit is now horrible.
Please help me.
Thank you!

lsk

I am also dealing with Citimortage for a modifaction. Same thing happening to me . Its been five months and they always need more paper work and always being something that i have already sent. Nobody there seems to be able to answer a question. Really frustrating. Has anyone out there been successful with getting approved by citi mortage? How long did it take? if not approved what happened?

Schwippsy

LSK
Thank you for that link.
It is giving me goosebumps. I so feel the same as these people. I am dragging to call CitiMortgage as I know they will jsut give me a foolish answer and the whole thing is out of my control.
Ok now we are know we are sure not alone and the whole program is nothing but a mess.
I no longer want to be party of thsi program. I'd been betetr off to look for a new bank with lower interest rate at the time before Citi messed up my credit.
Now how do we get back out of this mess without having the banks sloppiness cause us 6 years of bad credit?
Please if others read this post let us know your experiences and suggestions.
And one more thing, everybody in the same boat, please check your credit score and report to the 3 credit bureaus that this is the lenders fault.
Geez what a senseless mess this is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">