• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home tax credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robfou007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I have a question. My girlfriend lived in a house and sold it in August 2008. She had a new home built in August 2008. She lived in her prior house for more than 5 years. Would she be able to take the tax credit for home buyers?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I have a question. My girlfriend lived in a house and sold it in August 2008. She had a new home built in August 2008. She lived in her prior house for more than 5 years. Would she be able to take the tax credit for home buyers?
No, she does not. That particular credit is only good for homes purchased between November 6th 2009 and April 30th 2010 (closing by June 30th, 2010).

Andoman

I have what I think is a similar situation related to the $6,500 tax credit.

I lived in the same house from August 2000 until the end of October 2006. I lived there 6 years and 2 months, but only 4 years and 10 months was in the last 8 years. Do I meet the 5 consecutive year requirement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">