• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Housing Advice..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessiedee

Florida-

I don't know exactly where I should put this.

I've lived with my boyfriend over a year. Recently while up in Ohio for the holidays we broke up. He put me on a plane back to Florida and took my key. My name is not on the lease of the apartment and his mom pays the rent but I get all my mail and bills sent there. I have ALL of my clothing and belongings in there. I have lived there full time with my pets and him for over a year. He doesn't get back for another week and I need at least some of my stuff. My friend(cop) said I can legally break a window because I'm locked out of my home, but I would rather just get a locksmith to open the door. Every time I say I'm going to get my stuff, he says he has people watching the house and if I go anywhere near the house I'm going to get sued. I don't plan on taking or destroying any of his things, Just what belongs to me. Can he sue me? Am I allowed to go get my belongings? Am I even allowed to still live there because it's me residence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">