• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I make him pay up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairisfair

4kids4me said:
I spoke to somene at the department of child support and she told me that in AZ they wouldnt take a dad to jail for failure to pay. That they only do so if they fail to show up for a court date for child support. Oh well he hasn't paid in so long we don't actually expect him to. It would just be nice if we had something we could do to encourage him to try. Thank you for your response
i am sorry but that is just crap. Sherriff Joe has regular round ups where he specifically zeroes in on dead beat parents. Keep contacting them,( CSE), insist that they pursue enforcement of your child support order.

4kids4me

Trust me I call them all the time. I live in a tiny border town and the child support office here is laughable. They are not helpful and act like you are bothering them when you talk to them. I have had to call and tell them where he was working and such and then it takes about 3 months for them to start collecting and then he quits his job. My ex mother in law is the one who tells me he has a job and where. The child support office here is terrible

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

fairisfair said:
i am sorry but that is just crap. Sherriff Joe has regular round ups where he specifically zeroes in on dead beat parents. Keep contacting them,( CSE), insist that they pursue enforcement of your child support order.
If the father lives in Missouri then Arizona has no jurisdiction to arrest. :rolleyes:

4kids4me

No I have done everything myself. I filed for divorce myself. Filed for child support myself. Also filed for custody/visitation schedule myself and have had it amended myself. I'm at a dilema I want the child support but not at the expense of putting my children's father in jail for it. I just wanted to know things like if he owns a car can they go after that. His gf and him have a joint bank account can they go after that. Thank you again

ezmarelda

4kids4me said:
Trust me I call them all the top. I live in a tiny border town and the child support office here is laughable. They are not helpful and act like you are bothering them when you talk to them. I have had to call and tell them where he was working and such and then it takes about 3 months for them to start collecting and then he quits his job. My ex mother in law is the one who tells me he has a job and where. The child support office here is terrible
Somehow that seems to be the norm. My local office (in CA) covers 3 counties and their *new policy* is the person at the window can accept payments, if you have any other reason for being there they have you fill out a form explaining why you were there and your phone # and they will call you as soon as hell has ice water...I mean they can...as soon as they can. I filled out their form 4 times before I told them I was not leaving without speaking to my case worker...and I sat there for almost 2 hours:rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

4kids4me said:
So BBreeze, should I contact the missouri Child support office to enforce the order?
I told you what to do. There is no other options if you've exhasberated all of the local means. Let the feds deal with him. then, when the federal government gets a judgement against him, he'll be in contempt of a federal court order if he doesn't pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">