• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I prove this??!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Show me where construction workers are mentioned in your link. The link specifically had to do with the shipping of goods.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I did read the whole page. Everything said there is specific to shipping and transportation of goods. It does not suddenly become general halfway down the page when it starts out being specific.

In any case, no one SAID that the poster was exempt. We have told the poster numerous times to file a wage claim.

pattytx

AND the poster has already said that the process of filing a wage claim with the federal DOL has begun. And the poster was told two weeks ago that if her husband was fired for filing the claim, there was legal recourse he could take.

Last edited:
I did read the whole page. Everything said there is specific to shipping and transportation of goods. It does not suddenly become general halfway down the page when it starts out being specific.

In any case, no one SAID that the poster was exempt. We have told the poster numerous times to file a wage claim.
My point is that a person IS protected by the federal labor law when they file in court.

Second, yes the law does become general, and there is case law to support that. If you have access to Lexis, you will see that for yourself.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My point is that a person IS protected by the federal labor law when they file in court.

Did I say they weren't?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're quite right. I did. That's because you don't know employment law. You think that reading a few decisions on Lexis makes you an expert, and you're wrong about that too.

But if you're going to argue a point, argue it with the person who made it. I'm not the one who said there was no protection for filing in court. I just told the poster to ignore you because you're an idiot. And you are.

KJHOOK13

Don't ignore the drinking at work!

Oh something NEW now too, what about if the super goes and buys his beer on lunch and sits in the truck drinking during work(on the clock) and on his lunch break both?? I know that's violating something, it's got to, but what?? It's not safe for him or the other workers if he's been drinking or is even "tipsy" while operating excavators and concrete pumps and what-not.... Is it me or is this company just all around crooked basically??
OP'S husband has a responsibility to report workers who are under the influence of alcohol while on the job! This should be reported to the DOL as well. This falls under the Drug-Free Workplace Alliance program that is a DOL cooperative agreement that was put into place in 2004. This specifically focuses on the construction industry as research shows it having a high rate of worker alcohol/drug abuse - AND, it tops the list of industries with the highest rates of occupational accidents and injuries. This is managed cooperatively with OSHA and MSHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">