• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can my sick mother get coverage from ex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

briin79

FL

my mother needs to get some medical attention. she was cheated on by her ex husband of 18 years and HE divorced her. well in the divorce it states he must provide her with health coverage if her place of employment does not. She works 40+ hours a week but the current job will not give her full-time status and benefits. how does she go about getting health coverage from him? the lawyer she had during the divorce was barred. shes been screwed over every way and id really like to get her help. any info would be greatly appreciated.

ceara19

Without knowing EXACTLY what the court order states, it's impossible to know if the order is being violated. However, I suspect that there is no violation of the court order since I have never heard of a health insurance provider covering EX-spouses. If you mom is in need of medical attention, look into low cost clinics in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">