• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I collect???????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jadedjewell31

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I have a judgement against a guy for $3,000. back from 2007. I have tried EVERYTHING in my power to collect from this guy. I had a show cause hearing were he lied about his bank account. I only knew about it because the bank was stamped on the back of my check he cashed! I was able to garnish it twice for about $700. He has since closed it. I have tried to have property seized, they said his truck wasnt worth it. I filed for his State taxes, never heard back or got a dime. I pulled a credit report on him, found nothing. I had another discovery hearing this month. He said he doesnt work, has no income, no bank accounts, no assets. The man is obviously eating!!! I am so frustrated. He does own his own home. According to the info he filled out it is worth more than he owes. Can I do anything with that? Is there a way to find out if his wife's vehicle is also in his name (he says it's not, but he is a liar)? Any other ideas??? The courts are no help at all. They didnt even do anything when I proved he lied about that bank account under oath.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">