• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I go about getting son's father to turn over his parental rights to my husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vlada

WANNACRY said:
but vlada your guy wasn't paying support, op's is, that is a MAJOR difference
What is OP?
He has been paying on and off. Worked under the table for years.

But the judge said that it wasn't enough to be a parent.

Silverplum

vlada said:
Yes, legal site, but posters do not have legal decree and nobody takes this forum as a legal advise.
Yes, my personal story matters, and many family provisions are similar in different states.
No, top attorney will not blab for no pay, but many regular ones will.
I do not mislead anyone, I do not insist that it will work in the presented case in MD, but I tell you that I won the case in similar situation.
I was in similar situation and filed a petition to terminate my ex's parental rights. The court looked for child's best interest and decided that my ex wasn't interested to be a farther since he's made a very little attempt (if any) to perform his parental duties.
Child support is NOT the main issue here. The only fact that legal system requires him to pay doesn't mean that he is a good parent.
They asked my son (he was also 10 back then) if he has any contact with the farther, and if he wants to be dopted by my husband.
I wouldn't say that it was a short and easy process. My ex appealed twice, but his parental rights were terminated.
Go, talk to an attorney, see what he says. The first consultation is free, you have nothing to lose.
I'm betting than even you can tell the difference between these two bolded statements of yours. :rolleyes:
And the rest of your statements....just as messy, just as inaccurate, just as lazy.

vlada

Silverplum said:
I'm betting than even you can tell the difference between these two bolded statements of yours. :rolleyes:
Do you like to bug so much?
She can always find out BEFORE she makes an appointment

Silverplum

vlada said:
Do you like to bug so much?
She can always find out BEFORE she makes an appointment
What I like is for people in trouble to get accurate info.

If you WANT me to "bug" you, I could always start mocking your spelling and sentence structure. But I'm a bit tired and not really in the mood for all that fun. :D

BelizeBreeze

This is getting ridiculous. First of all, Each and every state has it's OWN TPR statute. So this little diatribe about 'what happened to me' is worthless since it comes from a state other than the poster's.

Also, each court, each judge holds differing opinions on law. That's why there are appellate and supreme court divisions.

As to the specific questions regarding MARYLAND law on termination of parental rights, I suggest all of you who still have your collective heads up your rears read In Re Adoption/Guardianship Nos. J9610436 and J9711031
No. 58, September Term, 2001, Maryland Code, Family Law Article, § 5-313, re Adoption/Guardianship of Genara A. Cite: No. 246, 2003 Md. App. LEXIS 131 (Md. Ct. App. Oct. 29, 2003) and the Maryland Code, Family law definition of “Clear and convincing evidence”
before you spout anymore crap here.

vlada

Silverplum said:
What I like is for people in trouble to get accurate info.

If you WANT me to "bug" you, I could always start mocking your spelling and sentence structure. But I'm a bit tired and not really in the mood for all that fun. :D
Hey, you're right on the point here. English is not my native language, and,yes, I do make spelling mistakes, and, no, I don't check my typing.
If you have nothing better to do you definitely may start "mocking" my spelling. You have a priority there.

However, I had to go thorugh a lot here, much more than many native born. And I've learned a lot too.
So, at this point sentence structure doesn't bother me all that much.
Sorry for being a dissapointment to you.

Silverplum

vlada said:
Hey, you're right on the point here. English is not my native language, and,yes, I do make spelling mistakes, and, no, I don't check my typing.
If you have nothing better to do you definitely may start "mocking" my spelling. You have a priority there.

However, I had to go thorugh a lot here, much more than many native born. And I've learned a lot too.
So, at this point sentence structure doesn't bother me all that much.
Sorry for being a dissapointment to you.
You aren't getting it.
I don't care about your spelling. I was making a point. "Bugging" you would involve mocking something like your spelling.

"Correcting" you when you have made errors that could lead other posters down the wrong road is what I have been trying to do. BB did his usual fine lawyerly job. At the very least, you should be paying attention to him and his advice.

You have shown not one iota of interest in the LAW. Not one. You are merely interested in spouting your nonsense and your personal story. You are helping no one with your vague (no backup info) and inaccurate (completely wrong) postings.

Now do you get it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">