• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do they catch up w/ u for Parking tckts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? SC

I have parking tickets I never paid -- will they hunt me down years from now & throw me in jail? Do I have to get a certain quota of tickets before they come after me?
What will happen?!

racer72

One day you will be pulled over for a minor traffic infraction. The officer will run your license and one of these tickets may have caused a warrant to be issued or your license to be suspended. You will then get a free ride to the nearest jail and your car will be impounded. After paying all the fines and fees, you will be released to resume your life.

Or you attempt to buy something on credit and you are denied because a collection agency, action on behalf of the entity that issued a parking ticket, has placed a negative mark on your credit report. They then start calling and hounding you for not only the parking ticket fine, but other expenses and they now want 10 times the original fine.

Or one day you park your car legally only to come out and find that it is gone. A call to the police results in you being told your vehicle has been impounded and will be held till your past due tickets are paid. Plus you get to pay for towing and storage too.

Those are some examples of what could happen to you. There are many others.

I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet... I have been pulled a few times (no tickets), gotten reprints & change of address for my driver's license, gotten my car towed a couple times...
Maybe I just haven't met a certain quota of tickets...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">