• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do they decide amounts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandiceH

seeingheragain said:
Well i'll have you smartys know that i have several friends who have children who dont even care! and I do!! but they only have to pay like $50 a month, that is all i want to pay.how can I get that amount? i would rather just buy her food/grocery and clothing. that's all she needs.
Hmmm...I guess the child/Children dont need a roof over the head or lights or heat or anything else that it costs MONEY?!

BL

seeingheragain said:
Well i'll have you smartys know that i have several friends who have children who dont even care! and I do!! but they only have to pay like $50 a month, that is all i want to pay.how can I get that amount? i would rather just buy her food/grocery and clothing. that's all she needs.
The uniform child support guidelines .

It used to be mandatory minimum of $25.00 per month with Little or no income . NY raised it to $50.00 .

So you have a lot of Friends that are basically Deadbeat Parents , and as I said you might like to dictate how the child support is spent , but the Law state's you can't .

So you see as much as you would still like to be in control over Her and the children , you can not or will not any longer ...

Rushia

Blonde Lebinese said:
The uniform child support guidelines .

It used to be mandatory minimum of $25.00 per month with Little or no income . NY raised it to $50.00 .

So you have a lot of Friends that are basically Deadbeat Parents , and as I said you might like to dictate how the child support is spent , but the Law state's you can't .

So you see as much as you would still like to be in control over Her and the children , you can not or will not any longer ...

When did NY do that??!!!

weenor

seeingheragain said:
and fyi : i dont need cheap beer, i need cheap child support. i dont drink cheap crap. i like sam adams if you must know, or liquor. mabye you like to drink piss but i dont

See this is how I know you are either a jerk or troll...you know nothing about beer. Moreover, the most important thing should be the children...you put beer before your children....Please let me defend your ex so that I can get a case in the winners' circle...your an idiot, you know that, you're just playing these folks cause your board....do you have the jail house tatoo? Is your woman actually a man? Hopefully the children are well cared for in their present environment...without you. Know on this forum is going to help you cheap out and pay less than the children are legally entitled to. ;)

ceara19

seeingheragain said:
Well, how many of those friends do you think are going to help bail your sorry a$$ out of jail when you get arrested for failure to pay child support?

Just in case you missed my response to your other thread, here it is again. If you have already seen it, read it again, because it's got alot of information that applies to your situation:

You just go on thinking the way you do! You're right, why does it matter if you drink! You just stand up for what you think is right, don't let the judge try and tell you that you HAVE to have an alcohol evaluation, because, I know for a FACT he can't FORCE you to do it.

A judge ordered my ex-husband to do the same thing and he never did comply with the order. I'll be more then happy to give you his number so you can call him. He can tell you how to get around complying with the judges order. Make sure he tells you how he hasn't seen his children since 1999 and how he is not allowed to come within 500 feet of them at anytime and how he is not even allowed to ask for ANY information about the children, not even health or school related issues. Plus, he can explain that even though he has absolutely NO rights to the children AT ALL, there is still a court order for child support. He can even go over the laws regarding child support being set, outside of the state guidelines, at up to 50% of your income due to the fact that the burden of day to day care for the child is 100% on mom, so since you won't be seeing your child AT ALL, you should pay more support.

While you have him on the phone, make sure you ask him about the ONE time he TRIED to physically lay a hand on me in anger. If you ask nice, maybe he'll even shave his head and show you where the words "Louisville Slugger" are STILL imprinted backwards across the side of his skull. If you'd like one to match, I'll be more then happy to help you out!

ceara19

weenor said:
See this is how I know you are either a jerk or troll...you know nothing about beer. Moreover, the most important thing should be the children...you put beer before your children....Please let me defend your ex so that I can get a case in the winners' circle...your an idiot, you know that, you're just playing these folks cause your board....do you have the jail house tatoo? Is your woman actually a man? Hopefully the children are well cared for in their present environment...without you. Know on this forum is going to help you cheap out and pay less than the children are legally entitled to. ;)
There REALLY are people like this out in the world. My ex would rather spend his money on drinking then on the kids too. I really wish I knew how to get in touch with this wife. I'd be more then happy to give her all of the information she needs to keep him away from her and the kids and get a court order for child support that is MORE then the state normally allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

seeingheragain

weenor said:
Call me what you want "weenor" i'm just asking how to get 50 a month like my friends get. problem is she lives in a nice apartment, drives a minivan, and dresses nice for work things like this. I dont want my money going to support HER. if she's gonna take the 50 or 500 (i could afford both) and use it to buy my girl nikes, gap clothes, things like that , then fine. but use it to pay her rent...no way. if she wanted help paying rent she shouldhave stayed right here with me.

no i've never been to jail, and wont be going to jail either. and how do i know nothing about beer? b/c i say that crap was piss beer, it is. does it matter if i prefer local tap beer, or really my fav. drink is vodka and tequilla, if you must know, but liquor seems to make people say i'm "an angry drunk" so i try and stay away from it except on weekends

BL

The law requires that a minimum of $25.00 per month be fixed as child support even if the non custodial parent is unemployed and has no income or assets. 1998 child support standards act .

I'm sorry , I can't find the revision , It could have been updated to 50 bucks a month in 2001 , I'm not positive , but I'm quite sure it's 50 now .

We are really wasting our time on this poster . As I said reality will hit him smack in the face one day . He'll know when .. I'm unsubscribing to all his threads ...

Last edited:

ceara19

seeingheragain said:
Call me what you want "weenor" i'm just asking how to get 50 a month like my friends get. problem is she lives in a nice apartment, drives a minivan, and dresses nice for work things like this. I dont want my money going to support HER. if she's gonna take the 50 or 500 (i could afford both) and use it to buy my girl nikes, gap clothes, things like that , then fine. but use it to pay her rent...no way. if she wanted help paying rent she shouldhave stayed right here with me.

no i've never been to jail, and wont be going to jail either. and how do i know nothing about beer? b/c i say that crap was piss beer, it is. does it matter if i prefer local tap beer, or really my fav. drink is vodka and tequilla, if you must know, but liquor seems to make people say i'm "an angry drunk" so i try and stay away from it except on weekends

You want to know how to get your support lowered to the minimum? I've got the answer. Stop paying your child support right now. Don't send in another cent. When you start getting letters about the overdue amount, ignore them. When you get summoned to court, just ignore that to. In no time at all, the authorities will be knocking on your door with a warrant for criminal failure to pay. Once you get to jail, your income will go down drastically and since you are in jail you are no longer ABLE to pay the higher amount. Then you ask for a modification of the CS. Based on your new income of about 25 - 50 CENTS a day, the judge will be able to lower your support to the state minimum.

I know it doesn't fit in with your plan to stay out of jail and drink yourself into a stupor (which I'm sure doesn't take much) day after day until you finally damage your liver to the point that you can no longer function on a day to day basis, at which time, you'll probably go on public assistance so that honest, tax paying, contributing members of society can support you until you either die or more likely, get a liver transplant. Which in turn will mean that you are taking a liver away from a sick person that really needs it and didn't drink away their first one like you did. But, hey, you can't have it all.:rolleyes:

Rushia

Blonde Lebinese said:
The law requires that a minimum of $25.00 per month be fixed as child support even if the non custodial parent is unemployed and has no income or assets. 1998 child support standards act .

I'm sorry , I can't find the revision , It could have been updated to 50 bucks a month in 2001 , I'm not positive , but I'm quite sure it's 50 now .

We are really wasting our time on this poster . As I said reality will hit him smack in the face one day . He'll know when .. I'm unsubscribing to all his threads ...
Thanks, it had to have been after 2004 when I got my divorce. The ex was ordered to pay the minimum of 25 per child per month at that time. Hmmm, maybe a trip to court would be in order.

CandiceH

Dont bother Rushia, some counties (such as the one that you are in) are not willing to make the modifications for the new amount. In your situation, it is not worth your time or effort.

Rushia

CandiceH said:
Dont bother Rushia, some counties (such as the one that you are in) are not willing to make the modifications for the new amount. In your situation, it is not worth your time or effort.
Actually x wasn't working when that was ordered. He is now. I wouldn't be thinking about it for a bit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">