• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you get a court order forcing your spouse to move out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loco19

Get a lawyer and get rid of the bum.
I have an appointment with an attorney. Unfortunately, he cannot squeeze me in until next Thursday. But he's a good friend and has handled other legal matters for me in the past and I trust him. So I'm going to wait. I just wish I could snap my fingers and this be done.

seniorjudge

I have an appointment with an attorney. Unfortunately, he cannot squeeze me in until next Thursday. But he's a good friend and has handled other legal matters for me in the past and I trust him. So I'm going to wait. I just wish I could snap my fingers and this be done.
It won't happen quickly.

loco19

But she wants it NOW! Not in 3 days, not in two weeks! NOW!
Zigner, I'm not sure what your major malfunction is, but you haven't offered one shred of valuable information in this discussion and I would ask that you leave the conversation if all you have to offer me is sarcasm.

Since the man is suicidal and unstable, I simply felt there should be something legal I could do to get him away from children sooner rather than later. If it's not possible, it's not possible. A simple "it's not that easy" would have sufficed rather than mocking me.

Just Blue

That is an interesting phrase...not sure I've ever heard it before. Thank you.
Saying someone is pisser in Massachusetts is a huge compliment!! Only here is sounds like "pissah"...
:cool:

Example: "OMG! What a freaking pissah day!!"
"Brady is a pissah Quarterback!!!"

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Saying someone is pisser in Massachusetts is a huge compliment!! Only here is sounds like "pissah"...
:cool:

Example: "OMG! What a freaking pissah day!!"
"Brady is a pissah Quarterback!!!"
Great! Thanks for the clarification Bay! :cool:

mistoffolees

He is NOT the caretaker of my children. I work full time from home precisely so I would never have to leave my children in his care EVER. The man is mentally ill, bipolar disorder. He is an alcoholic and he has become suicidal. I would no sooner let him care for my dog than I would for my children. I have been working from home for the last 10 years so that my children are taken care of by me because he cannot be trusted.

Of course I want the house. It is paid for and I paid for it. He is a danger to the kids. He cannot be trusted to care for the kids. My kids are afraid to be alone with him because he drinks and gets suicidal. He has been refusing to leave for months and I have not had the funds to pay an attorney and file for divorce. However, I am in a position to file within the next couple of weeks and I intend to. Until then, I do not want him here period. I want him gone, out. The kids do not want him here.

And I absolutely will NOT provide him with any freaking support or alimony whatsoever.
Why do people ask for advice when they have no intention of listening to the answer?

1. IT IS A MARITAL HOUSE. That means it's his, too. You don't get to dictate what happens. The property will be divided according to the laws of the state, not your wishes.

2. YOU do not get to choose whether to pay support or alimony. The court does. If he is eligible for alimony under the laws of your state, he can ask for it (actually, he can ASK even if he's not eligible, but it's less likely that he'll get it). If he asks and if he's eligible, he may very well get it - no matter how many times you insist you won't pay.

Of course, you then have the option of not paying support or alimony and/or dividing the assets with him, but if there's a court order, you go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Just Blue

I have been working from home for the last 10 years so that my children are taken care of by me because he cannot be trusted.

He is a danger to the kids. He cannot be trusted to care for the kids. My kids are afraid to be alone with him because he drinks and gets suicidal
So you have subjected your children to this horror for the last 10 year but now you can't wait for a court order?? Are you just fed up now?? Don't you think your children may have appreciated your preserving their childhood rather than sitting on your butt and doing the martyr thing??

mistoffolees

So you have subjected your children to this horror for the last 10 year but now you can't wait for a court order?? Are you just fed up now?? Don't you think your children may have appreciated your preserving their childhood rather than sitting on your butt and doing the martyr thing??
Equally important, how is she going to convince the court that it's an emergency when she's subjected their children to it for 10 years?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">