• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how does a person prove an illegal search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LaFortune

Kentucky

A confidential informant wore a wire and purchased meth from a friend of mine "jimmy". Others were at the house and conversations on tape are very confusing. The C.I. trys to get my friend to state that he obtained the meth from me and says my name. My friend refers to the person who sold him the meth as "she". The police state in the affidavid that during this buy, Jimmy said my full name as being his source. They also say that Jimmy states he is going to my house in a few hours to get more. The police monitor him pulling up into my driveway hours later for three minutes and beat him back to the buy location. The C.I. completes a second wired buy from Jimmy.
The police get a search warrant and find a quarter bag of meth and scales. They tell me I wont go to jail if I get them a cooker of meth that they have wanted for some time but are having a hard time getting to him. I agree but only so I am not arrested that night. Nothing happens for two months then I read in the paper that I am indicted on trafficking and possession.
The police targeted me and set up a situation(using my ex-fiance,Jimmy) to where they could get a search warrant. I have never been to the house where these buys took place and do not know any of the people in the tape except Jimmy. So basically the CI wore a wire twice on Jimmy and in conversation the CI implied my name as to being the source of the meth and Jimmys referral to "she" is taken to be me by the police. Only the police in the affidavid state that Jimmy stated my full name.
I have a lawyer but this town is small and the police are very dirty so I dont know if my lawyer will do everything possibe in getting all this suppressed. He frequently has dinner with the prosecuting attorney and judge and they dont care to much for me. What angles should my lawyer be taking to prove I was targeted?

stephenk

you are kidding right? the information from the informant and Jimmy are correct because the police did find the drugs and scales. What do you believe is illegal about the search? Why do you believe anyone on this board will want to help you? Are you still on probation from your earlier conviction?

LaFortune

Your so smart, you must be a lawyer!!

I will try to be simple and to the point so you have a chance of understanding this post, since you didn't comprehend my last one. I dont know if its just you or if this entire site is ignorant, but Im not wasting my time to find out. Im looking for a legal site that consists of people with at least a little knowledge of the law, not people who want to play pretend im a lawyer. If you want to pretend to have intelligence at least have a law book next to you when trying to reply to a post. Well, gotta go, thanks for your help oh wise one!! No harsh feelings, I understand that some people lack intelligence and need to hide behind a computer screen in order to feel important. Dont give up Im sure you will have something of importance to say to someone someday!!!!!

stephenk

Remember, I'm not the one facing years in jail. nothing you posted will result in the search being quashed or the drugs and scales being kicked out of the case. try to figure out if you will be the wife or husband with your new roommate in prison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">