• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How far can they go??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DJF

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island
I am out of work due to injury and it's been almost a year, we fell behind in the spring and not without some embarrassment have decided to file for bankrupcy, however we are trying to save for the retainer, which will not be until after the holidays at the very least, my problem is the persistance in which the companies can be downright rude and insulting talking to me or my wife like we're personally responsible for the national debt, we are definately not proud of our situation however we are good people, my pregnant wife has been in tears repeatedly. I'm sorry to ramble, to my understanding some of our debts have been passed off to collection agencies and some are still with the original companies for now, I guess my question is How much harrassment do we need to recieve until we can get the retainer together?? How far can collections go?? when will we need to be concerned about our home(there is no equity) and leins???? Thank You very much for any insight and help???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">