• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long do you have

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bcchannell

because i have tried to get my kids back with the cop by show them the two oldest bc and letting them see that he is not their dad and they say i can not have my kids i tried going to the school where my kids are and they will not let me have them i showed them that im there mom and the cop knowing what he has done to me when he was 41 and i was14 and patiing him on his back tell him way to go now woulding you say the law was on his side

B

bcchannell

my reply

because ihave taking the two oldest bc to the cops to show them that he is not the daddy and they will not do any thing plus if they where not on his side way would that pat him in the back when they head i was 14 and he was 41 i have when to my kids shcool and tried to get them and they will not let me have them woulding you think the law was on his side to

H

hmmbrdzz

Charlotte: Try to answer these questions so we can get a better understanding of what's going on with you. Answer them truthfully.

Have you ever been to the courts or appeared before a judge regarding your children?

Has CPS ever been involved with your family before?

Do you get public assistance (i.e. "a check" or foodstamps)

Do your children get medicaid?

Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental problem?

Do you use drugs and/or alcohol?

Have you ever been to jail?

Where do you live now?

B

bcchannell

my reply

1 no
2yes for woping my kids had to going to partening class i did i case was dismiss
3 no
4 no
5 yes when i was younger because of what has happen to me in my life
6 yes when i was younger
7 yes because he hit me and i was procting my self
8 with my new hubby in texas

H

hmmbrdzz

Charlotte: I am not an attorney, but I have worked with mental health programs and substance abuse programs. I believe your history is preventing you from getting cooperation and/or assistance from the people you've been trying to get assistance from (i.e the school and the police). I believe your history qualifies you, though, to get professional assistance to help connect you to your children -- legally. I'm not saying you don't have a legal right to them now, but I'm saying you need professional people to help you see them within your rights.

A good place for you to start this process is by contacting the Henderson County Mental Health Program. I tried to pull their web page up, but it is not responding. You may even qualify for transportation to and from appointments, but you need to call someone in your county mental health center and explain what you are trying to accomplish (see your children). They will evaluate your situation and tell you how they can assist you. From what you've told us here, I believe a "counselor" will be assigned to your case.

Until you contact mental health, I don't believe you will have much success in getting assistance from anyone else with respect to your children. So, it's my opinion that if you want help, you need to start by calling Henderson County Mental Health. If you can't get through (or if Henderson county doesn't have a mental health program anymore), I've provided a web page where you can contact someone in the state who will help get you through to the closest resource people in your area.

http://texas.nami.org/About.htm

If you do not understand what is written on the web page above, here is an e-mail address for you that will connect you to the state's mental health assistance. Write an e-mail and send it to this address below describing your problem and why you want help.

[email protected]

If you need more help in connecting to someone within the mental health system in Texas, I will try to help you do that to the extent I'm able from here.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">