• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does a partition of property suit usually take?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedHelpInPA

What is the name of your state? PA

Neither side will have a lawyer, so when the ruling comes out that the property is to be sold, how long do they give the tenants to vacate the premises?

My Nephew seems to think it is going take about another year for this to be done, in the mean time he is not working and I am stuck paying the bills, property taxes etc...

Also one final question, how is the cost of the partition suit payed for? is it payed evenly by both parties, or is it payed by the losing party of the partition suit?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

lcannister

All of your questions DEPEND, but generally if YOU file for the partition YOU will pay the cost and it can get costly. I have seen 2 - 3 years in time frame and many thousands of dollars.

Hiring an Atty who knows what they are doing could lessen your expenses from a very costly mistake you might make.

Have you filed for Partition yet?

Will you eventually get enough funds from a sell to pay for the suit as well as the mnies you are putting into the property. If not, sign it over to nephew and let him pay or lose it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">