• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does it take to evict?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustAPal00

What is the name of your state? PA

I just gave my tenant 10 days to fix a problem or I will start to evict. If he doesn't fix the problem, how long will it take to evict him and what is the process?

agatororlm

What is the name of your state? PA

I just gave my tenant 10 days to fix a problem or I will start to evict. If he doesn't fix the problem, how long will it take to evict him and what is the process?
I'm a landlord going through a similar process ...

In Florida, you could start the eviction process prior to the 10 days and have the tenant fixing the "problem" as a condition for him/her to lift the eviction. This way they would have a net 10 days to fix the problem.

Spre

I'm a landlord going through a similar process ...

In Florida, you could start the eviction process prior to the 10 days and have the tenant fixing the "problem" as a condition for him/her to lift the eviction. This way they would have a net 10 days to fix the problem.
You can;t. A landlord is required by federal law to give a 10 day notice FIRST. then after the 10 day notice they may start the eviction process, not before. the process can take up to a month if all goes well the court will give the tenant between 24 hours and 1 week to vacate. Unless the tenant Apeals it could be done like I said in one month. If they apeal the judgement you cannot legally remove them untill the apeal process is finihsed.

shtpmom

Here in wv if you evict it will go through magistrate court and then the tenant has a right to move the hearing to circuit court and that is where you run in to alot of time at because it can take up to four months just to get a trial.

Alaska landlord

In PA the length of notice will depend on the lease agreement. Absent any wording regarding notice then it defaults to state statutes.

Non payment of rent = 10 days
For other reasons = 15 or 30 days depending on whether or not the tenant is on a lease and season of the year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">