• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long for hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kanut

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My husband has been thru all of the processes, been denied three times, after the reconsideration was denied, July 22, filed for court hearing, then I find out today social security processed on August 28, social security to transfer claim files to OHS, My question is how long will this take before the file gets to Administrative office of the administrative judge, also how long will it take to get a hearing?
I am almost at my wits end, probably like everyone else.
Any reply would be helpful

zippysgoddess

It took me over a year to get my hearing, I just got the letter yesterday, telling me the time and date of the hearing for next month.

kanut

Thank you, I will be checking back, I have tried to read and read everything I can get my hands on. I, we have always work, and never ask for anything, and now, hubby cannot work, had two back surgeries back to back, it was 12 months the 3rd of this month. I picked up another job just to try and make up some of the money he is not making.
Thanks for your in put and anyone else.
PS: Do people loose what they have because of a mishap as ours and so many others. They (ss) acts like it is coming from their pockets.
Thanks again

Last edited:

bigscreen2407

re: how long a decision for hearing

it took my son a year we just had the hearing on nov 7. now i am waiting on the decision of the judge. i was told that can take another 30-60 days. i am waiting anxious. i am in texas

45Frank

It took me around 18 months to have a hearing.
Now waiting more tha 90+ days for a decision, just called last week and it still hasn't made it out of the underwiters offfice whatever that means. Then I'm told it gets proof read, then back to the writers, then to the Judge for signature, then it sits for ten days then it's mailed. My attorney says it could be enother 8 weeks for it usually takes 2-3 weeks between the offices.
Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">