• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long to I have to wait?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hyperbole won't help either.
Facts do:

http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1389

Program Description
The Food Stamp Program is a Federal program that provides a monthly allotment of Food Stamp benefits issued via Electronic Benefit Transfer cards (like ATM cards, they are called EBT cards). The Food Stamp Program is an entitlement program; so all eligible individuals and households can receive assistance. Food Stamp benefits may be used to purchase most foods at participating stores. They may not be used to purchase tobacco, pet food, paper products, soap products, or alcoholic beverages. Applications are taken at county Departments of Social Services in the county in which the household resides. Some counties have Food Stamp outreach offices as well. Persons who live in households consisting only of SSI (Supplemental Security Income) applicants or recipients may apply for Food Stamp benefits at the Social Security Administration Office. Eligible households must be given the opportunity to receive Food Stamp benefits no later than thirty days from the date of application. Individuals with special circumstances must be given an opportunity to receive Food Stamp benefits no later than seven days from the date of application.

General Program Requirements
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of North Carolina and fall into one of two groups: (1) those with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $2,001, or (2) those with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $3,001 who share their household with a person or persons age 60 and over, or with a person with a disability (a child, your spouse, a parent, or yourself). For either group, you must also have an annual household income of less than $14,079 if one person lives in the household; $18,941 if two people live in the household; $23,803 if three people live in the household; $28,665 if four people live in the household; $33,527 if five people live in the household; $38,389 if six people live in the household; $43,251 if seven people live in the household; or $48,113 if eight people live in the household. For larger households, add $4,862 for each additional person in the home.

Your Next Steps
The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this benefit.

Application Process
Contact your local SNAP administering agency to apply for this program:
http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/dss/local/

Program Contact Information

CARE-LINE Information and Referral Service:1-800-662-7030

In the Raleigh area or outside of North Carolina, call:919-855-4400

Hearing impaired callers can dial our TTY line:1-877-452-2514

NC Food Stamp Website:http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/dss

Also see: http://www.benefits.gov/benefits/browse-by-state/state/NC

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Also:

Program Description
The North Carolina Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) provides for a one-time cash payment to help eligible families pay their heating bills. This payment is usually received in February of each year.

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of North Carolina and you must need financial assistance for home energy costs.

A person who participates or has family members who participate in certain other benefit programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or certain needs-tested Veterans benefits may be automatically eligible.

Your Next Steps
The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this benefit.

Household Size*

Maximum Income Level (Per Year)

1 $14,521
2 $19,669
3 $24,817
4 $29,965
5 $35,113
6 $40,261
7 $45,409
8 $50,557

Application Process
To apply for this program, please contact the local administering agency near you:
http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/dss/local/index.htm

For more information about North Carolina LIEAP, please visit:http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/dss/energy/index.htm

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
School lunches:

Program Description
The School Breakfast Program provides funding that makes it possible for schools to offer a nutritious breakfast to students each day. Similarly, the goal of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is to protect the health and well-being of the nation's children by providing nutritious school meals every day. NSLP provides funding that makes it possible for schools to offer a nutritious school lunch. Schools receive Federal funds for each breakfast and lunch served, provided that the meal meets established nutrition standards.

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of North Carolina and a parent or primary caregiver responsible for a child(ren) who attends school (high school or under).

Your Next Steps

Household Size*

Maximum Income Level (Per Year)

1 $21,257
2 $28,694
3 $36,131
4 $43,568
5 $51,005
6 $58,442
7 $65,879
8 $73,316

Application Process
To apply for free or reduced price meals, contact your child's school. A listing of your state's schools can be found here:
http://schooljobs.dpi.state.nc.us/StateMap

Please visit the North Carolina Child Nutrition office to learn more about the programs:http://www.ncpublicschools.org/childnutrition/programs/

If you would like to speak with a State representative regarding the programs, you can call the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction at:919-807-3300

What do you know -- not a zero in the bunch. Go figure. Now quit whining and educate yourself.

BoMTrue

You have to wait for the divorce and even then you can't count on her being ordered to pay half your rent. Unless of course you are going to be okay paying half HER rent. Oh and she doesn't have to sign the divorce papers. There is nothing you can do now except budget better. As for making more than $0 means you make too much, that is NOT true. Exaggeration will get you no where and nothing.
I'm not asking for her to pay my rent for the rest of my life. I'm asking about the remaining 10 months on this lease she signed. Isn't she legally obligated? Aren't I due something?!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm not asking for her to pay my rent for the rest of my life. I'm asking about the remaining 10 months on this lease she signed. Isn't she legally obligated? Aren't I due something?!
Maybe...that's why you need to get yourself in to court. The type of law-suit will be a divorce, as you have already been told.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
As a spouse she is obligated to support you as you are obligated to support her. The lease is able to be enforced by the landlord NOT by you. You do not have standing to enforce the lease. Now try reading the links I posted and educate yourself about what you can do in order to ease the financial burden.

As I have said, YOU can file for divorce. Get over the entitlement idea that she owes you. You are coming across as a child who is stomping his feet because you want a cookie and mom said no.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I educated you. Too bad you are too stupid to comprehend. Your immature behavior reveals a lot about you. And I am treating you like the moron you are portraying. We have taken time to provide you with info and you have behaved like a juvenile delinquent. Being ignorant is one thing. But you are beyond that and acting stupid. No one treated you with anything but respect until you became crude.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoMTrue

No one treated you with anything but respect until you became crude.
Really?

Pretty sure you and Zigner started getting an attitude with me because I was exaggerating a few things. I'm upset, I'm stressed, and I don't need your crap.

I already stated I make too much for free/reduced lunch, which one would assume means I make too much for food stamps or anything else, because I do. Our combined incomes, we were fine. Lived comfortable within our means, no outstanding or revolving debts. She wanted to live in this house and I wanted to make her happy. I knew what she was doing and thought it would stop after confronting her. It didn't, and she went to move into a place with her sister, who not only knew what was going on but encouraged it. Why would I want that in my house?

I can make it financially because I reduced the costs of things. I cancelled TV service. I got rid of my smartphone and plan for a basic phone. I reduced Internet speeds. I've done everything I can right now but I'm struggling. That's all I was saying and I wanted to know if I could reclaim some loss from her leaving.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
... I wanted to know if I could reclaim some loss from her leaving.
You were told how to do this. And, while I'm at it - this forum is not the proper forum for your questions. You should be over in the Divorce forum: https://forum.freeadvice.com/divorce-separation-annulment-36/

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was told it probably isn't possible, and yes, I understand now it's supposed to be in the Divorce section. How hard could it have been for someone to say, "You can't take her to Civil/Small Claims. It needs to be filed with the divorce when that time comes,"?
Read page 1. You were told that several times. Comprehension is not your strong suit. Go hire an attorney. DIVORCE. Comprehend that. DIVORCE. You whined. You stomped your feet. You called crude names. I foresee you being banned and I foresee you not getting help due to your attitude. Goodbye.

ETA: POST 7:
The proper lawsuit is a DIVORCE. This could be considered marital debt. However as you are getting the benefit of the lease then you will be most likely responsible for the payment of the rent. Have you filed for child support, custody, and divorce?
Are you going to pay half your spouse's rent? After all you are still married and therefore what is good for one is good for the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">