• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mattius_

Ok, I have an idea that I would like to patent. This idea is one which may make certain groups unhappy, including potentially the government. This idea could help humanity greatly, but could be destroyed if the files of my patent are deleted.

The type of patent I have is one of building a certain type of engine to create energy. I do want to be recognized for my idea, and thus want to patent the idea, but I fear that I could be silenced if it is seen as a threat to certain people's control over the world.

My question is, at what time or stage in submitting a patent is it safe to freely tell the public about your idea? After my idea is submitted, and it has moved through certain proccessing checkpoints, at what point is it safe to put my idea out on the Internet and keep it from being stolen?

This is my first attempt at gaining knowledge on this topic, so the question I have given may be too hazy or broad to answer effectively, but please do your best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">