• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many people can be legally responsible for a child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyy

What is the name of your state? DE

Have more questions.

Can a father, mother and mother's grandmother have joint legal custody? (At the time the mother is minor) Does it matter the age? If the mother and father consent, can the grandmother and mother have half custody (reside together) and father have the other half?

If the grandmother thinks the mother is unfit, can she apply for the mother's custody without trying to take custody from both parents?

D

DChristian112

Ok, I am not saying I KNOW for a fact- but when I had my daughter- I was frsh out of high school, I was 18- but not in that state of mind yet- I got into a huge fight with my mother, and we were arguing about the way I was raising my daughter- mothers always disagree on these sort of things, however, she at one point said she would take me to court to prove me unfit if she had too, because she knew it would be in the best interest if the child, I consulted an attorney, and he did tell me, it is a possibility for the grandmother to get custody... And I have always told my children's father if he ever dared to prove me unfit- he could not- he just thinks he can, he is an ahole- but i have told him that I would sign all rights to my mother- and we consulted an attorney on that as well, and she said it happens... so yes, i think it is possble, but that is from what I have been told.

skyy

Thanks for answering. (I was beginning to think I was posting questions at the wrong time since no one ever answered:) ) But I've seen some people post answers saying the stepparent or other adult wasn't included in a court judgement so they had no legal rights. I was just wondering how it all worked out (like father and mother with stepfather having custody if agreed).

Now, as soon as I can get the right wording for my next question, I'll post it! :D

karma1

DChristian...

DChristian112 said:
Ok, I am not saying I KNOW for a fact- but when I had my daughter- I was frsh out of high school, I was 18- but not in that state of mind yet- I got into a huge fight with my mother, and we were arguing about the way I was raising my daughter- mothers always disagree on these sort of things, however, she at one point said she would take me to court to prove me unfit if she had too, because she knew it would be in the best interest if the child, I consulted an attorney, and he did tell me, it is a possibility for the grandmother to get custody... And I have always told my children's father if he ever dared to prove me unfit- he could not- he just thinks he can, he is an ahole- but i have told him that I would sign all rights to my mother- and we consulted an attorney on that as well, and she said it happens... so yes, i think it is possble, but that is from what I have been told.
could you further elaborate on what "I would sign all rights to my mother...." means?

D

DChristian112

lovingwife

SInce I have sole, legal and pysichal custody of my daughter- I could relinquish all of my maternal rights to my mother- I was willing to do that at one point- because my children's father is such a pyscho- but I was advised that it is a possibility to do that, IF I believed that was in the best interest of the child, and the judge agreed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">